Saturday 28 February 2009

Interview with Heidi

Heidi offered to interview anyone brave enough so I rose to the challenge!


1) If a movie was made of your life who would you choose to play you and why?

Well, I have never thought about that...Angelina Jolie? ROFLMAO!!! Ummm, really??? Ally Sheedy? We have a similar look. I haven't seen her in anything for years so she may have "retired"


if so, it would have to be Neve Campbell-





She always looks like she is having fun & is passionate about the parts she plays.

2) Tell me about the nicest thing that you have ever done for someone else?

Hmmm...well, I like to think it's more about the little daily things...I'm not going to include my family because it's easy to do good to those who love you & return your favours regularly. I once bought our pastor a whole heap of Christmas decorations when I found out him & his family didn't own any.

3) What is your favourite day of the week?

That's easy! Sunday of course...it's the day I get to set my own agenda. I can go wherever I like or nowhere at all. I can sleep in as long as I want without an alarm clock blaring in my ear first thing in the morning. I get to actually eat & enjoy a leisurely breakfast rather than a protein bar in the car. Saying that, it is the day I do the most housework as I have help during the week, but I love that most of us are at home, each pottering about up to our own little things, but all enjoying being together.

4) What is the naughtiest thing you have ever done?

I'm just not that naughty...I've tried to think of stuff but for some reason I've nearly always been responsible & conscientious...sickening I know. I left home at 17 to study in another country & live in a commune so never had the opportunity to do anything that would have a negative impact on my life as there was no-one around to bail me out.

Saying that, in my last year of school (upper 6th form) my best-friend & I shared a cubicle at boarding school (the 6th form dormitory was sectioned off into 12 cubicles housing 2 girls each) & we specifically chose the very end one so we could sit on the windowsill after lights out & smoke.
Seemed hardcore at the time...

5) 5 must-have items on your grocery list.


I presume you mean stuff I buy for myself, rather than the rest of the family...

USN Protein bars
Sasko Low GI Seeded Wholewheat bread
Woollies fat-free Bulgarian Yoghurt
Nestle Cappucino Powder sachets
Woollies sugar-free Ginger beer

That's "my" stuff but for what I have to have in the house for the rest of the gang it would have to be:-

Lotsa low-fat milk (Full-cream if hubby does the shopping...)
White Bread (they all hate wholewheat...)
Butter (they all refuse margerine...)
Bovril (who can live without the stuff???)
Nesquik (4 out of 6 of us are Nesquik addicts)

6. Actually, there isn't a 6th question but I'm just going to make one up 'cos I found a delightful photo on the internet this week & have been dying to share it with you...

Where would you like to be right now?



Right here. Isn't it beautiful? It's actually in the UK...I have always had this strange desire to live on a barge-how's that for bizarre??? I just love their down-to-earth rustic simplicity & it looks like a stress-free simple life,LOL!!!

Back to reality...I am feeling a bit better today. I went to watch Pink Panther 2 with my little ones (not my choice) but they loved it & were very appreciative. It was funny in a stupid way, which was probably just what I needed!

If any of you have a burning desire to be interviewed by moi let me know by leaving me a comment to that effect & I will roll your questions along to you. It's a fun thing to do & actually makes you think quite hard. Good thing I'm not a celebrity 'cos I would be hopeless at off-the-cuff interviews. No wonder they say the stupidest things...


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool.thanks for playing along ...

Cindy said...

great questions and answers. Feel free to interview me if you like. Helen, i have also left you a challenge on my blog, come and check it out.

Jenny said...

Interesting answers! Thanks for sharing them

Mel said...

I enjoyed reading this Helen; always fun to gain a little more insight (even frivolous insight!) into our fellow bloggers worlds.

I hope you are able to find your happy place again soon....God knows we all lose our way occasionally! And its okay.

Mel said...

oh! and you welcome to interview me if you care to. will give me something to blog about!! melody@global.co.za

Stefanie said...

Ok, you can interview me... but please do ask who I would get to play all the members of my immediate family... gonna love that one.

Desire Fourie said...

Great to learn a bit more about you. We definitely have one addiction in common i.e. Nestle Cappucino Powder sachets ... have to have one on daily basis. Hugs from Desire

Michelle Ramsay said...

Always good to learn more about fellow bloggers. I also enjoy the Nestle Cuppucino. I have been on a holiday on a canal boat and it was awesome. Dereck & I went from Bradford all the way down to Bath.

Andrea said...

Love the barge photo, I am desperate to take a house boat and go on holiday before Nic can crawl, but my dh would rather eat live lizzards so for me too it will have to remain a fantasy for a while lol.

I wouldn't mind rising to the interview challenge if I am not too late.

xxx
A

Lynette Jacobs said...

You are a interesting lady Helen! I love the pic of the barges...but when I think about the British weather...I think that looks could be deceiving.