Sunday 26 October 2008

Weekend talk...


Read on and you'll see the relevance of this pic...!

Well today I thought I would let you know a bit about my weekend for a change. I have spent HOURS on all my favourite blogs (and my list of favourite blogs is GROWING!). I am thinking of changing my passion from SCRAPBOOKING to BLOGGING! Lol! Just kidding...

No, really, I am a person who used to hardly spend ANY time on a computer (I have to share it with my two teenagers so you know why!) and now I am driving them demented 'cos they hardly get a look in! While I'm feeling guilty for neglecting my scrapping, I'm also feeling rejuvenated at having found something else that also really appeals to me!

While of course I am inspired by the many gorgeous Scrapbooking blogs around I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying the REAL LIFE ones too! I suppose they make me feel 'connected' to the authors and I can often relate to a lot of what goes on in their every day lives. Normally my life is pretty isolated and I can spend hours and days holed up in my Scrap Room, which I find very rewarding, and the results are tremendous and I get to keep the layouts for life. This new blogging life of mine has nothing tangible to show for it (when I'm reading other people's day-to-day blogs) but truthfully, it's making me happy. Obviously I'm more sociable than I think as I'm enjoying the interaction.

Hopefully I can summon up some self-discipline this week and get back to business...

So that's a little insight into what's going on in my mind at the moment! Practically speaking I have been gardening for a few hours at a friend's apartment, (he lives overseas and we are caretaking his property between tenants), going out for breakfast at one of my fave coffee shops-Circus-at the Musgrave Centre, with my husband. My copy of "Scrapbook Inspirations" arrived on Friday and I have been pouring over it, as I do, for a couple of days now, and marking all the projects that appeal (practically everything) wow, I am LOVING that mag!

I missed the Curry Cup Final yesterday, which is terrible I know, but I developed a splitting headache whilst gardening and it only got worse...12 disprin later it only left the following morning, so that was a bit of a set-back. Thank Goodness it was on the weekend when I could afford to take a break. I really wanted to go to the rugby as it would have been a fantastic photo op and make a great page (Sharks v/s Blue Bulls) but the weather was not the best. It was showery and overcast so the pics may not have been great...

I did my bit in the kitchen this morning and did all the washing up from breakfast and yesterday lunch onwards. I also cooked us all a full English breakfast, so that was a treat for the family. I then had a cold shower (lovely) as all our hot water had gone down the drain with the washing up (oh the joys of renting!) and tootled off to fetch my little girl (now 15!) from her best friend's, where she had spent the night.

We went jolling (pr. 'jauling') - went out to have fun - at Gateway, our local (and rather impressive) shopping mall. First stop was our fave junk jewellery store, Sass Diva, which was full of gorgeous goodies as usual. Chelsea bought some funky lumo alice bands (I resisted...) then lunch at Panarottis (pizza) - yes, I know I shouldn't have...Then Converse for the All Stars I have been promising her for months, which I am never able to afford. Well, on sale at R60 off I still couldn't afford them, but got them anyway, as if I can't buy them on pay day when will I?!

Did a touch of Christmas stocking shopping at Jet (cheap and cheerful) for the kids and bought myself some lumo sneakers at Mr Price (very cheap and cheerful) then met my chum at the (beautiful) new Cafe Nescafe, for cappucino. All in all a treat of a day! Now here I am, still full of energy and with loads of e mails waiting for a response, so off I go to Outlook Express...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Helen, I really enjoyed this post, lovely to hear more about your day to day life....I am sure you had a lovely time out with your daughter, mine is just getting to that age and I am looking forward to shopping trips in the future - although nothing nearly as impressive as Musgrave Centre and Gateway here....well not in the South East at any rate.