Wednesday 11 November 2015

More CHRISTMAS INSPIRATION at Studio 75!
Chocolate Box with Shaker Lid & Tag to match






Hi Everyone!  Back today with some more Christmas Inspiration from Studio 75.
Today we are sharing some little creations from the Magic Time Collection.


No layouts allowed - but things we can use to decorate for Christmas
or handmade gifts, so I made decorated a plastic tub then
made an oversized tag to match!


The base of this project is an empty Bodyshop Body Butter tub.  I decorated
 the base with "Gold Rush glass glitter from Prima then sealed it with spray 
varnish...  but the real fun came when I started on the lid!  


I made a shaker box with it using the molded plastic from a roll of Cellotape!!
Yes I have been wrapping gifts & as soon as I saw the lovely circle of tough plastic
with a perfect 1/2 inch band of flat plastic around the edge I knew it would make
a great shaker box!  I had to trim the 1/2 inch edge down about half (to 1/4 inch)
but it was still enough to adhere to a ring of hot glue that I applied directly to the
lid.  The reindeer chipboard is part of the Magic Time Collection from Studio 75
& I covered it first with fine gold glitter before adding small amounts of my
shaker box contents loosely on top of it {glitter, sequins & glass beads}.

To cover the hot glue I wrapped some beautiful striped twine around the edge,
VERY carefully hot gluing it underneath - just little dabs at intervals to
keep it in place.  I used Magic Time Snowflake ribbon around the side
of the lid, which I placed over some gold die-cut washi tape. 


 I made a giant tag to match.  I do LOVE tags!  I had forgotten!!
I used various Magic Time papers.  I dipped the edge of the
tag all around in the chunky glitter once it was complete.
I added micro beads & mica, adhered with spray
adhesive.  Ho Ho Ho!!!


The little cards you see in the photo above also come from the same 
collection. One whole 12 inch sheet of them - you just have to cut them out.


For the tag I added some gauze, tulle & dry wall tape, although they
 aren't easy to see in the photos, except on close inspection :)

Next I will be decorating that lovely big jar behind the tag & filling
it up with Ferrero Rocher chocolates!  We are looking forward to
a BIG Christmas this year, filled with family & friends from all
over the continent of Africa, so I am getting prepared!!

Please take a minute to sign up to my Google Friend Connect
 in my top right side bar HERE if you enjoy reading my blog as 
well as my Facebook Artist page HERE & my Instagram HERE  


Thanks for your visit!  See you all online!!




5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks fabulous & a Very VERY clever idea with the shaker lid!!!! Loving the glitz and glamour you've given to your Christmas goodies:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! These are STUNNING! LOVING those deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purple_pea_fran said...

Adorable! Love a good shaker project :)

Kathy Bradley said...

Helen,
Two beautiful projects - I love the sparkle too! The shaker top turned out awesome and looks adorable!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous pieces Helen!! Love your chocolate box with that delightful shaker lid and the tag is gorgeous too!! Pure Christmas magic!! xx