Friday, 30 October 2015

Ode to Coffee Layout - Studio 75 - Yummy Collection






Hello everyone!  I'm back today with a new layout for Studio 75, 
using their Yummy Collection.  These papers are naturally BRIGHT!
But they have some lovely neutrals within the collection & as you can 
see I muted down the bright reds & yellows using gesso, paste & inks.


You can view this post up on the Studio 75 blog HERE, where I link
 up to all the specific products I used from the Studio 75 store.  


I used many of the papers & elements, that I fussy-cut out, from the Yummy Collection,
as my background & layers behind my photos as well as for embellishments


I uploaded the image below to my Instagram account HERE to show how 
my page began & how it was transformed through mixed media techniques!


It's a technique I use a lot - cutting various thicknesses of pattern paper, layering & adhering
the pieces over teach other then stencilling over, followed by misting, followed by gesso
applied with an old gift card - the PERFECT tool to spread in different thicknesses


I absolutely LOVED creating this page over the weekend - just relaxing in my studio
for several hours, throwing paint at paper & watching things evolve.  Bliss...


As well as Studio 75 products I added some texture through twine & holey ribbon as 
well as staples, crochet doilies & a gold metal coffee cup pin, plus a few flairs.  


Of course I also added plenty of mixed media too - modeling paste, a few different
 coloured mists & some heavy gesso, as well as my home-made white mist &
a couple of ink colours together with some background stamps.


The Yummy Collection is sooo beautiful & so easy to subdue through the use of mediums.
Please remember to play along in my GOLD & SEQUINS challenge HERE.


You still have one week left to play along!


If you enjoy reading my articles I would really appreciate you helping me reach
my goal of 1 000 Followers by the end of this year by checking that you are
a follower via Google Friend Connect in my top right side bar HERE. 

You can find my Facebook Artist Page HERE (where have a GIVEAWAY 
going on RIGHT NOW!! {it's easy to find as it's pinned to the top of my 
page but you can also read about it HERE} & I'm on Instagram HERE.  



8 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love this page Helen!! Awesome background .. if you hadn't shown the before and afters, I would never have believed the difference!! LOL!! Bet you had a lot of fun with this one! Gorgeous!! xx

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful page. I love it. It's amazing to see the transformation into the finished project.

~amy~ said...

absolutely beautiful!

Lizzy Hill said...

MM reigns supreme....just AMAZING!!!! And of course, any LO glorifying coffee is PERFECTION to me!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all those amazing textures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

I love everything about this beautiful layout! Your background is wonderful and it looks so much better with the muted colors and your design is awesome. I love the little sparklies here and there too.

Mitra Pratt said...

Yes! A page that describes how I am feeling right this very moment up before the sun and waiting for the java! I can hear it....the coffee pot had better hurry up! Love the bright colors peaking out and that little coffee tag! Super pretty photos too! Hugs!

Debbie Standard said...

Love this - your background is just amazing!