Saturday 22 August 2015

True Story Layout - 7 Dots Studio "Vacation" Challenge
Aug/Sep 2015 - Illumination/Nature Walk Collections






Hello everyone!  HAPPY weekend!!  Time for a new challenge over at 7 Dots Studio for August/September - see it HERE - you have until the 20th of September to play along. 

The theme is VACATION so all you need to do is create any project using any 
amount of 7 Dots product {even just one sticker!} along the theme of vacation/s.


Most of the team showed layouts of exotic locations & lovely Summer sun but, as you know,
living here in South Africa {in Durban, where the motto for the city is "the warmest place
 in South Africa"} sunny days are the norm, rather than the exception, so I don't get excited
 about them!  I actually enjoy a dreary, cooler day as they come around so seldom!


So instead, I created a layout about a weekend my son & I went to the Mother City 
{Cape Town} to watch Eminem in concert.  Both of us are huge Eminem fans 
{him due to me!} & it was my birthday present from my family last year :)  

We had a really amazing time & it was a very special
vacation for me, even though it only lasted a few days!


I used 7 Dots Studio Illumination Collection for the background paper, sentiment cards
 & stamp & the Nature Walk Collection & Destination Unknown for the embellishments.

 Just like Prima, 7 Dots Studio Collections all integrate with one another,
 making mixing & matching a piece of cake!


I kept all the ephemera from the concert so added my original air ticket as well 
as the concert ticket to my page.  When creating this page I was imagining 
a travel wallet with all the contents spilling out!


I was really happy with the way this page turned out for me.  It is such a unique experience going to a music concert.  I haven't been to many in my life but have been blessed enough to attend a U2 concert as well as an REM one & both of them were AMAZING!  Eminem was absolutely incredible in real life.  So commanding of the stage & such a big voice 
& so much conviction.  What an experience!

I hope you will join the challenge. 
 There is always an amazing prize for the voted winner!
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!



9 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

A great artsy layout...love that you included the ticket stubs.

Unknown said...

What a fun page and I loved all the ephemera you collected put up beautifully! What a fun time!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the layers!!!!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Helen,
What a very, very cool page! It's awesome with all the memorabilia you kept and used for this page. I bet it was an amazing concert!

Unknown said...

Wow - can't even imagine going to a concert like that! What a treat and what an AMAZING page you have made to commemorate it Helen. Love the tickets and the picture is perfect! One of my favorites of yours. j.

dstandard said...

Such a cool page! Such a treat to go to a concert like that!

Yulia said...

Very nice page! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lizzy Hill said...

The LO really reflects a rock concert!!! Wonderful:) The touch of red looks fantastic!!!

Mitralee said...

SUPER COOL PAGE! really love that splash of paint! So glad you got to grab a special time with your boy! hugs!!!