Sunday 12 July 2015

Freedom Layout - 7 Dots Studio
Guest Designing at Scrap Around The World!






At last I have something new to share!  
Believe me it is exciting as I really hate to leave my blog dormant too long!!  
However, such is life at times & I have been busy, busy behind the scenes
 & have a whole stack of projects stockpiled for future months.  
Getting ahead is the greatest feeling!!


Today, at Scrap Around The World, some ladies from the Design Team 
at 7 Dots Studio HERE came over for a visit with us as our 
Guest Design Team & shared their wonderful creations on our blog. 
 I was one of them as I am a member of the team at 7 Dots
 & of course SATW too :)  You can see the post up on the 
Scrap Around The World blog HERE.  


So it meant I got to work with our gorgeous July mood board all over again!
No complaints here!!  What a riotous & colourful board.  Such a nice change!!
I used the amazing Soulmates Collection - the base-paper being
 ''The Power of Love" paper HERE.  I also used the 12 inch 
Tag Sheet HERE & the WORD sticker sheet HERE.


I used some lovely beeg Prima flowers with gorgeous feather leaves & gem centres,
from the Epiphany Collection {201405} with some little vines in between, as well as
some awesome new Bella Rouge 'Say it in Crystals' pieces {201408} & of course
we CANNOT forget about the beautiful Finnabair Glass Beads in 'Butter' {961701}


The stamps I used also came from 7 Dots Studio - Illumination Collection HERE.
Probably my FAVOURITE stamps from 7 Dots - a very versatile set!  My
background mixed media work is a combination of gesso, alcohol inks & gold ink.
Nothing beats the saturated colour of alcohol inks, which is often NOT what 
I am looking for due to it's brightness, but of course in this case it was!


The lyrics come from a song my son wrote, which you can listen to HERE,
 which he wrote about my daughter's messy break-up last year.  I combined 
it with a photograph of her in contemplation on the beach, shortly after the 
whole ordeal, so this was also a very meaningful layout for me & signifies
 the positive end to a traumatic experience & a whole new, colourful beginning!



PLEASE SUPPORT US AT SATW BY PLAYING ALONG WITH OUR CURRENT CHALLENGE HERE!   The prize is a large & small collection pack of ALL 3 
OF THEIR VERY BRAND NEW COLLECTIONS!  
Yuletide, Verano Azul & Lost & Found!

Surely that is enough to tempt you all to give it a go?!?

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO JOIN MY BLOG IF YOU
 ENJOY READING IT & ARE NOT ALREADY A 
GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT FOLLOWER ♥




6 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Great layout....the colours really pop beautifully & the beads! LOOVE those beads & how you've used them :) Good that she's getting on with life now. And also good to document it since it has happened, too. It's what makes us into the peeps we become, the experiences we go through and how we get through them, difficult as it can be, yes?

Kathy Bradley said...

Helen,
So gorgeous! Wonderful colors, flowers and pretty paper.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the flowers and the beads!!!!!

Lisca said...

What a riot of colors! It reminds me of India.
Beautiful, gorgeous lay-out.

Mitralee said...

NEW FAVORITE OMG! I saw this on Facebook so I must admit to having a presneak to your blog...the colors just make me so happy as do those roses and seed beads! Super pretty! Hugs!

Denise van Deventer said...

Fabulous page...again...just love everything about it! This one talks to me! Loooooove it! ;-)