Monday 20 July 2015

'Chives' Layout - 7 Dots Studio July 'Animals' Challenge






Hi everyone!  Today is the start of a NEW CHALLENGE up at 7 Dots Studio - this time
with the theme of ANIMALS.  Easy!  Even if you do not have your own, perhaps you 
have pictures of when you visited the zoo or something similar?  We have 4 cats, 
all of whom we love dearly & occasionally I scrapbook them too!  This is our
only male cat, Chives, & he is not normally very photogenic so I don't
 have many photos of him at all. See the challenge post HERE.


Remember to link up to the challenge post on the 7 Dots Studio blog 
& also to display this graphic in your post for your entry to be valid,
as well, of course, of using ANY 7 Dots Studio product/s, even just ONE.


Again I used my favourite Soulmates papers, together with all sorts of other bits & pieces from Prima, Webster's Pages & UmWowStudio too, plus 7 Dots Stamps from the Illumination Collection & die-cuts from Nature Walk, so quite a selection here. 


Chives is very much an outside cat.  We have very warm weather here & he enjoys 
spending time outside in the sunshine, so I used insect elements/embellishments 
& nature colours to reinforce this theme, so mainly browns & greens.  


Because he is a boy I used some rugged elements like wooden alphas, staples & metal embellishments although I also used flowers & bling, which I can't resist on any layout!


Plenty of texture from mixed media, dry-wall tape, twine, skeleton leaves & organza ribbon.


Again I used negative areas from the tag sheet here to create additional texture on
 my background, stamping, misting & splattering in shades of brown, black & greens.  


I hope that you will be able to play along with our challenge at 7 Dots this month. 
 The only requirement for your project is to use the theme ANIMALS 
{could be party animals or naughty  as children too I guess!}
as well as a minimum of ONE 7 Dots Studio product.  



The winner is chosen by the Design Team & always receives an awesome prize
 pack of 7 Dots goodies!  Challenge is open for one month starting today!!  



14 comments:

Kris Berc said...

What a fabulous layout, Helen, and I love that photo of Chives! (We have 4 cats too!)

Romy said...

Your cat is such a cutie and you scrapped him just beautifully! I really love all the layers and your beautiful background work.

mamablitger said...

Oh what an awesome layout. Love the way you showed Chives. He looks fabulous. And your background is so exciting as well as your embellishment items. Fabulous work
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

VERY sweet!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow amazing details, love the background, and gorgeous photo too!

Lizzy Hill said...

I really love this one....was trying to see the Chives.... til I realised it was your cat's name, LOL!!!! LOOOOOVE all your layers and the little bits you place so beautifully:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the layered photo, the inks and the flowers!!!!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Beautiful LO, Helen and he looks like a sweet cat and companion!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

dstandard said...

Such a fabulous page! Adorable kitten and love all your embellishments!

Valia Katzaki said...

Love the layering Helen! So many things to look at but not tiring the eye! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Just stunning Helen! Love all those layers!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Awesome page .. love that background and the gorgeous photo of your cat. So much to see and fabulous colour mix too!! Stunning work!! xx

Denise van Deventer said...

Oh I just love this page...I love the colouring, design and that cute photo! This caught my eye! So beautiful! A definite favourite for me! ;-)

Kathy Bradley said...

Helen,
Beautiful page, with wonderful textures and layers. I really like the 4 sections of paper in the background and the colors - all look wonderful around your adorable Chives!