Monday 27 July 2015

'Always Believe' Layout
7 Dots Studio Soulmates Collection






Hi everyone!  Back today with a layout to share, that is up on the 7 Dots Studio blog 
HERE today.  It uses one of my favourite collections, Soulmates.  This collection is
 truly so easy to use that I end up reaching for it time & time again.  The colours are 
amazing,soft & feminine & the words & sentiments are always appropriate.  


For this page I focused on utilizing the Soulmates tag sheet as well as the grid of paper
 left over once all the tags have been popped out {the negative area of the paper}.  
This is a great way to not waste any paper & also to add texture & interest.  
As you can see I misted it in a light brown colour so it was not startling 
white, so as to blend well with the soft colour scheme.  


For my mixed media base I used the Soulmates stencil, which is honestly the prettiest 
pattern I have ever seen on a stencil & definitely a must-have in my opinion.  As well 
as white modelling paste I also used shades of brown & black mist plus white acrylic
 paint for some deep, rich colour for the bottom area of my layout.  This grounds the
 top layers onto the paper so it all blends in cohesively.


I also used some 7 Dots Studio stamps, some Soulmates stickers & some dry-wall tape. 
 For my embellishments I used Prima flowers, micro-beads & a lovely, copper wire
 heart embellishment as well as various other bits & bobs.  Yes I went a bit overboard 
with all the adornments but I was in the mood for some shabby romanticism :)


I really enjoyed putting this one together.  I love the tactile look of texture & embellishments 
which is why Clean & Simple is just not something I can achieve very successfully,
 although with mixed media it is certainly a lot easier to do these days as so much 
can be achieved with mediums, yet still be almost completely flat.  BIG plus for
 practical reasons {getting layouts into albums} which after all is pretty important!


Thanks for your visit today.  I would really appreciate you signing up
 as an official follower of my blog HERE if you are a regular reader
 & enjoy my content.  Many thanks & wishing you all 
a wonderful week ahead.  






10 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This is stunning!pretty colors and amazing background details! I love this!

Lizzy Hill said...

Nice one! Love 7Dots - their papers and collections always seem so well thought through.....these colours are yum. And the tag idea is brill.....have a few I want to use - they look brill backing off the photo like that!

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Beautiful layout Helen, love the tags and all the details!

Francesca Biancon said...

Hello Helen, I love all the magical details mixed with gesso on this layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the tags and the flowers!!!!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

What a gorgeous design and layout! I love the papers, colors, flowers and embellies! Your layers and tags are wonderful and your daughter's photo is beautiful.

dstandard said...

Totally gorgeous layout! Sooo beautiful with so many amazing details!

Mitralee said...

I really had a good long look at this page! Love the feeling you captured here! And that is a very nice stencil! So pretty! Hugs!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful, soft and feminine. I love your details. Sorry I have been Mia these past weeks. Life at the Mission just gets so hectic that blogging and scrapping tends to feature at the bottom of my priorities. I do miss the interaction and I miss my friends in the computer xx

Denise van Deventer said...

Oooh I love what you did with this page! Great idea and design with the tags! ;-) It's soft, it's pretty...just gorgeous! ;-)