Friday 26 December 2014

"Celebrate" Layout - 7 Dots Studio
Dreamer, Illumination, Nature Walk & Cold Country!







Hi everyone!  I hope you had a fabulous Christmas!!
Today I am sharing my latest layout for 7 Dots Studio, that you can find HERE.  
We have had a postal strike here recently which has played havoc, so I am still
 waiting for my new 7 Dots Studio papers to arrive so I worked instead with the 
beautiful Dreamer Collection, starting with “Sweet Dreams” as my base paper. 


 I worked with my off-cuts for this layout & pasted onto the background pieces
of patterned paper from ‘”Night’s Fever”, which as you can see incorporates
many different shades of colour, making it perfect for cutting up!


To build up my background I also used the negative area from one of the Illumination
Sticker sheets {the part left on the sheet once the stickers are all removed}.  You do
not have to wait to use up all the stickers first though as you can carefully remove
this background area from your sticker sheets & your stickers will still remain in tact
on the sticky background.  I use this area of stickers all the time as it adds another
interesting textural layer.  I love too that it means there is less waste!!


I added some stamping to my background as well, using my favourite
number strips stamp from the Nature Walk Collection as well as another
favourite from the Cold Country Collection – It is just a part of a much
larger stamp but I like to use it as a sun shape by placing my finger
behind that area when stamping.  I think it makes a great accent!


I used some words from the Illumination 6 x 12 inch die-cut sheet 
to decorate my page.  So I ended up using 3 totally different collections
 on my page!  A lot of Dreamer, a bit of Illumination & a pinch of Cold Country!!
The GREAT thing about 7 Dots Studio is that everything can look good together!!!


To blend things together & tie in with my photo I used a brick mask stencil together
with some modeling paste then sprinkled embossing powder into the wet paste.
I hope you enjoyed my page today & it is time to wish you all a very happy
2015!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  See you again in January :)


Supplies List for ‘Celebrate’ Layout

Papers – 7 Dots Studio Dreamer – Sweet Dreams & Night Fever
Stickers – 7 Dots Studio Illumination
Modeling Paste – Finnabair for Prima
Mists – Prima Color Bloom Spray – Lime Wedge & Worn Leather
Embossing Powder – Lindy’s Stamp Gang –
Terracota Rust & Hydrangea Blue Mauve
Stamps – 7 Dots Studio – Nature Walk & Cold Country
Black Archival Ink - Ranger
Tags & Die-cuts – 7 Dots Studio – Illumination
Flowers & bling – Prima Marketing Inc.
Heart – Webster’s Pages
Stickpins – Maya Road
Gauze, Resin Frame & Metallic Thread – Stash




15 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

This is a stunner Helen! I love the bright colours. And very clever use of the sticker sheet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow! This is stunning!! I loveeeeee the colors, the layers, the textures and the flowers!!!!!

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful colors and textures . Great idea about using the sticker sheets.

Athanasia said...

Wow Helen, fantastic work! So many colors and textures, I absolutely love it!!!

Cheryl said...

WOW!!!!!!!

Val-Belle said...

Love this vibey layout and that photo is so cool. Your folks look so trendy and hip. Fab colours... Gorgeous background.

Marjie Kemper said...

You can't go wrong with Dreamer! Actually, YOU can't go wrong with anything, Helen. You know I love your style! Another stunning layout! Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy New Year.

nancy carroll said...

Wow, this is simply stunning! Hope your holidays are wonderful and wishing you all the best in the New Year!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning page Helen...wishing you a wonderfully creative 2015 xx

Evelyn Walter said...

What a color explosion! Love this versatile background.
Dear Helen, I wish you and your family a wonderful New Year 2015 with exciting moments to treasure, keep healthy, happy and creative (:o)
xxx Evelyn

Denise van Deventer said...

A gorgeous page and a gorgeous photo! Love the elegance! ;-)

Lizzy Hill said...

Love how you've put together those colours...they are so bright and bold, but somehow don't overpower the photos...clever girl!!! LOOVE!!!

dstandard said...

Amazing creation! Fabulous background work and love the boldness of the entire page!

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is awesome!! Love the bright colours, they really stand out and yet the photo is not overwhelmed by them ... brilliant!! So much texture going on as well! Absolutely stunning!! ox

Eila Sandberg said...

This definitely pops anywhere! really such a wonderful bold page! just like Glor :) :)
Hello 2015! what a brilliant year this is and will be! you certainly kicked it off wich a bang! good good job Helen! Hugs,