Friday, 23 May 2014

LOTS of Great News!!






Hello everyone!  It's a quiet week on the blog, which is always
 an indication that it is ANYTHING BUT QUIET in real life!! 
 It has been a particularly busy week for me but I promised some
 good news & actually have  4 PIECES OF HAPPY NEWS TO SHARE!!

I am delighted to announce that I have made the 7Dots Studio Design Team!  
You can see the announcement HERE.  The DT list reads like a who's who
of scrapbooking movers & shakers & I am honestly so stoked to be on it!!

New Design Team for July-December 2014

DT coordinator - Keren Tamir - Canada - http://kerentamir.blogspot.com/
Louise Nelson - Australia - http://louise-justloolabelle.blogspot.com/
Riikka Kovasin - Finland - http://paperiliitin.blogspot.com/
Frau Muller - Ukraine - http://fraumuller.blogspot.com/
Melenia Agapides - Greece - http://melenia313.blogspot.com/
Sandi Smith - Canada - http://sandi-smith.blogspot.com/
Elena Olinevich - Belarus - http://eleele-handmade.blogspot.com/
Irina Gerschuk - Russia - http://irinagerschuk.blogspot.com/
Elena Morgun - Ukraine - http://studio-sunshine.blogspot.com/
Anna Rogalska - Poland - www.annar-mojepasje.blogspot.com
Nadia Canizzo - Australia - www.samnadia.blogspot.com
Ebony van der Starre - Australia - www.welcometoebsspace.blogspot.com.au
Stephanie Papin - France - www.partiesdescrap.blogspot.fr
Tanya Dudkina - Ukraine - www.1littlehedgehog.blogspot.com
Pascale D - France - www.pbhobby.blogspot.com
Tatyana Sidorenko - Belarus - www.montylek.blogspot.com
Helen Tilbury - South Africa - www.helentilbury.blogspot.com
Marilyn Rivera - USA - www.marylinrivera.blogspot.com
DeeDee Catron - USA - www.deedeecatron.blogspot.com
Belladonna - Poland - www.belladonnacrafts.blogspot.com

9 of these ladies are my team-mates on other teams too so I know I 
will have a wonderful time with old friends & making new ones too!!

And there are some Guest Designers for the coming year too!

Dorota Dołęga – Poland/France - www.miniaturyzacja.blogspot.fr
Sylwia Gryczuk (Tandi Art) - Poland/Ireland - www.tandiart.blogspot.ie
Maja Stokk - Sweden - www.stokk-eyovine.blogspot.se
Daria Pneva - Russia – www.daria-pn.blogspot.ru
Tanya Palamarczuk - Ukraine – www.chshe4ka.blogspot.com
Solange Marquez - Brasil – www.solangescrap.blogspot.com.br
Sandi Clarkson - USA - www.softsideofsandi.blogspot.com
Anita Stokes - Australia - www.sweetneatz.blogspot.com.au
Marta Lapkowska - Poland/Ireland - www.artisycrafty.blogspot.ie
Francine Westmoreland - United Kingdon - www.purple–peanut.blogspot.co.uk
Wilma Voermans - Switzerland - www.swissdutchy8.blogspot.com
Karen Knight - Australia - www.altered-ink.blogspot.com.au

-------------------------

Now for some MORE wonderful news!!
I have finally scored a DOUBLE with PRIMA!!
I had both my April Prima projects featured!!!
Both the BAP & the PPP I entered - woo hoo!!!
I am an unashamed Primaholic as you are all fully aware by now...

Bap helen tilbury

Based on their sketch



Ppp helen tilbury

Based on their Product Pick

If you love soft, romantic, floral type products Prima is the place for you,
although these days they have diversified into so many really modern 
products too like trendy Pocket Page scrapbooking, etc.  They have it
all & their quality & selection is second to none!

Honestly one of the reasons I became such a Prima fan is that most of 
my scrapbook shopping is done online as there is really nothing local
for me that has a decent selection of the latest products.  Going online
is my only option if I want to keep up to date but ONLINE SHOPPING
TAKES A HUGE AMOUNT OF TIME! So here's the trick...

I learnt some years back is that if you shop by MANUFACTURER 
it speeds up the process A LOT & this is where PRIMA IS GREAT 
- because they have everything you need so you are not store
 hopping & you can pop everything in that cart, pay & you're done!!

----------------------------------

STILL MORE GOOD NEWS!!

Last month I also entered the Scrap Friends Challenge
 {they are now renamed Kreative Koncepts & under new ownership}
The colour challenge was REALLY CHALLENGING which is just what
I LOVE.  Actually having a challenge rather than "anything goes!!"

Always great to stretch those brain cells a bit & in return be rewarded
with making something work despite the restrictions of, say, a bright
colour way as was the case here!


I have a stash of brighter papers from the days when they
were more "my thing" {oh yeah I've toned it down a LOT
over the years!} so it's always great to have a chance to use
up some older stash & when mixed with new stuff it slips
by undetected!!  I did tone the shades down a notch but
still!  The colours are all there :)


So I was featured in the TOP 5 - yay!!
That means I get next month's Colour Mood Board early
& get to Guest Design for them which is always great!

I have been a bad blog hopper of late & miss you all!
Time is not on my side this month as my day's are hectic
& my evenings have been full & busy too!!  I live in HOPE
that I'll get to catching up on a lot of beautiful blogs at some point!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND CREATIVE PEEPS!!




24 comments:

Jasmine S said...

It has been so long since I have stopped by and look what I have been missing out on. Wonderful news all round.
Hard work and lots of talent always pays off.
Enjoy the ride xx

Sandi Clarkson said...

Huge congrats on all your awesome news! Well deserved, my friend!

I am thrilled to be Guesting at 7 Dots Studio and still trying to absorb the glad tidings as they say! So, I totally get where you're coming for there!

Creative days ahead! What could be finer?

Desire Fourie said...

HUGE congrats on your well deserved new dt position and for the double wammy with being published. Your creations are stunning and deserve all the recognition they can get xxx
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Helen Wallace said...

Your art is outstanding and you deserve every recognition that comes your way. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Lizzy Hill said...

Absolutely fabulous all-round wonderful news, Helen:):) good on you on all fronts:):)))) your pages here are all gorgeous & that's a great tip re online shopping, too:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Woooooooo hoooooooooooooo!! GREAT NEWS all around!!!!!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATS on the new DT!!!!!!!!!!!!

dstandard said...

What awesome pages Helen! Great news in a huge way! Congrats on the DT and as I said you work is just gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Helen! ALL Great news and well deserved! Plus I never saw Forever Young and it is so FABULOUS! LOVE her purple hair!

luv46kdz said...

Awesome Helen :) Congrats to you. Love 7 Dots!

Paula

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Wow! You go girl! Huge congrats on the DT, features and GD position Helen. All your work is awesome and hugely inspirational so I am not surprised by your successes my friend! You rock!:)

Lizzyc said...

Well done.. that is lots of happy news!

Lynette said...

Congratulations Helen. Your pages are all fantastic. Love love love the one of your MIL>

Debbi Tehrani said...

Congratulations on all your recognition, Helen!

Lynnda said...

These are beautiful Helen!!! Huge congrats! Well deserved, my friend! hugs...x

Denise van Deventer said...

Congrats on the 7 Dots Studio DT! That's really awesome and I know you will rock this DT! Congrats on your featured projects too.....always nice to know that one's work is appreciated! Loving your work Helen! x

Marjie Kemper said...

You sure are entitled to do the happy dance! What wonderful news... Congratulations, Helen!

Lisa M said...

Gorgeous!! Congratulations and I absolutely LOVE the very last LO...sensational and so inspiring!
Lisa x

Val Thorpe said...

I have also been a bad blog hopper ... going away makes it that much harder to catch up when you get back but I am almost done now...Congrats on all the new DT spots so nice to see local girls right up there with the best of the best. Fabulous layouts all perfect for the photos. Doesn't your mom just look fab. Congrats to your DD too. Proud mommy moment. <3

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh YES!! fabulous news! bet there's a Cheshire Cat grin on your lovely face :)) Congratulations indeed! xoxoxo

Gayle Price said...

Hey Helen, big congratulations to you !! You are really on a creative roll. So happy for you making the 7 Dots Team, and congrats on your double Prima feature too and your feature at kreative koncepts. Aah, so much, I can't keep up with you. I don't know how you do it and boy how good does SATW look as well this month...lots of fabulous entries, amazing prizes and so much inspiration from all the guest DTs. Can't wait to see your winners. :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I absolutely adore the layout of your funky MIL. It is so beautiful and showcases her personality.

Bellaidea said...

I don't even know where to start Helen, congratulations! Hugs!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Huge congrats! I'm so happy for you! <3

Margaret Mifsud said...

Yes, I've been slack as far as the blog visits are concerned too, but my computer has been on the blink and now that it's fixed I'm trying to catch up. Didn't realize how much I've missed out on. Huge congratulations Helen on all the DT spots and all the features you are getting. Love all of these pages and so pleased that you are getting the recognition you deserve!! Awesome!!! ox