Tuesday 8 April 2014

'You are my Jewels' Layout - Inkido {Lindy's Stamp Gang/2Crafty/Prima}





Hi ladies!  Back today to share my March Inkido {Papercraftscandinavia}
 post with you today.  Yup I am really late to share, but I forgot this one 
after all my blog feed problems!  I lost 2 weeks last month due to that so
please forgive me!!  Better late than never I always say.  See it HERE


It was based on the March Challenge & now we are onto our new 
April challenge!Here is the MARCH MOOD BOARD {now closed!}
This is what I based this layout on.  Now we are working with 
anothernew mood board for April already!  See that below...


MARCH MOOD BOARD ABOVE {What I based my page on}


Our new April mood board above!  Still time for you to enter!!
  This challenge is based on YOUR ROOTS & does not have to
 be inspired by all the images thank Goodness - as that is quite
 a challenging board!  The idea is you share your culture & heritage.


For this page I misted my entire background with Lindy's Stamp Gang
 mists to create a jewel-like look to tie in with the March mood board.


I added even more bling, from both Inkido & Prima,
in keeping with the bejewelled mood board.


I used beautiful Inkido papers - both the floral & the music note
 paper, links to which can be found in my original Inkido post.


I used a stunningly ornate chipboard frame from 2Crafty Chipboard in Australia.
I added some random glittering to it, as well as to the sweet Inkido flowers that 
I dyed to match my page.  These little flowers come in huge packs in a calico
cream & can be dyed up to match anything - perfect - see the Inkido blog for
a list of the stores where you can find & purchase their products.


The negative heart shape also comes from 2Crafty chipboard.  
I love to use as much as I can in my scrapbooking. 
 I have a real "waste not, want not"mentality that comes from living 
most of my life in Zimbabwe, which was a country where things
 weren't readily available & one had to conserve what one had. 
 I always look at my negatives before throwing them away.  
It's amazing what you can add to your pages!
Thanks for the visit today!!  



8 comments:

Elaine coustley said...

The background you have created is divine, love the shimmer just perfect for your "Jewels" as indeed they are
and look so sweet in this photo. x

yyam said...

Oh wow. Rich and opulent! I love the gold bits on that frame. Yum!

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful page Helen, I love the random glittering on the frame :)

Helen Wallace said...

How glorious is that magenta colour just dripping with shimmery pizzazz. They are jewels indeed and your page does them justice. Divine :D

dstandard said...

What a beautiful page from that rich magenta background to your jewels!

Sandi Clarkson said...

I love these wonderful jewel tones and the offset design! And two lovely daughters make for a fabulous page!

Anne Pennington said...

Helen - this background is scrumptious - gorgeous layout!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love the colours and all the bling. Great page.