Sunday 3 November 2013

'Bella' Layout - Scrap Around The World - Scrapmatts - Flourish With a Bling {+ Prima & Webster's Pages}




Hi!  I'm back today with the close-ups on my layout for Scrap Around The World this month!  Just a reminder of the mood board for November.  So bright & cheery - it's hard not to love it & I can't see how all our entries aren't going to turn out fabulous!!


I used some white cardstock I already had, that I had used to clean my misting mat on, so it was full of residual mists in different colours, which I thought was just perfect for the mood board!


Something very different about this layout, compared to my others, is that there are NO FLOWERS AND NO STAMPING!  This page came together so easily & looked fine without them so I didn't force it.


I used a Kate's Corner Flourish {clear} from FWAB {Flourish with a Bling} & part of a Grace Flourish {Red} plus some negative pieces of chipboard from Scrapmatts - in black & yellow {Mustard Seed Paint Dabber by Time Holtz for Ranger - one of my very fave colours!}


This layout is made up of all sorts of little itty bitty pieces of leftovers.  A few strips of washi, 3 doilies, some mesh tape, black mesh, Prima packaging, part of an envelope, a couple of little glassine bags, a coffee filter, an old birthday card cut up (the floral paper)some misted cardstock offcuts & some Webster's Pages fussy cut acrylic packaging offcuts.   A real COLLAGE!


I love how it turned out!  And the best part?  It only took me an hour!!  That is seriously fast for me!!!


Have a lovely week & try to squeeze in some creativity!  
I know I sure will!!



20 comments:

corinne de france MARCH said...

très très joli
corinne

Lynnda said...

Absolutely stunning!! Just love the way you interpret the mood board!! Inspiring indeed!! I might play along again! Hugs x

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Helen, your layering looks amazing!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Love the layers & those colours alongside the black look wonderfully balanced....love the circle theme, too:) GORGEOUS colours in the mood board!!!

Helen Wallace said...

Love this rainbow page and the way it all came together from scraps....It certainly doesn't need flowers and stamping....but to do it in an hour, you must be a superwoman....spectacular :)

Sandi Smith said...

you brave girl...no flowers! I have to agree that it's gorgeous as is and the layers look fab!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* you are amazing!! This is STUNNING!! I love love love love the colors, the layers and all the circle motions!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your page is awesome. So much texture and layers. It doesn't look as if you could have done it in an hour.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!!! You made this gorgeous layout from left over bits and pieces? Absolutely amazing! It came together so beautifully!!! It is a bit unusual for you not to have stamping etc., on your background but it really didn't need it. Absolutely love it Helen!! ox

Unknown said...

as alway my friend another beauty off you love the cool layering

xx Carla

Cindy Fortin said...

Wow! What a yummy LO! As always, everything is perfectly choosen.
And this mood board... So inspiring!

Mitralee said...

Such a cutie pie too! That photo is adorable! LOVE LOVE LOVE the collage look! Mine is ready for photos. That board was screaming MAKE A PAGE NOW, which really means that something is inspiring! HUGS HELEN for starting such an awesome challenge blog!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous layout Helen! Love all the layers and sweet photo! Thanks for the inspiration!

Eniko said...

Layers galore! Love the brightness of the rainbow challenge as well as your interpretation,great job!

sandi said...

This is just fabulous! So bright, so pretty!

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a yummy and gorgeous page, with so many delightful details! The layering is really so cool too! ;-)

Eila Sandberg said...

Goodness gracious Helen - an hour!! looking fabulous as it is, it certainly doesn't need any flowers. Really such a pretty pretty piece!! xoxo

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Love how you pulled out your "leftovers" to create this colorful beauty!! There is so much wonderful embellishment that I didn't even realize until I read it that there are no flowers. :-) ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

yyam said...

Bold and beautiful. Love that it still looks girly without all the blooms!

Keren Tamir said...

this is truly beautiful Helen!