Thursday 10 October 2013

'Caity' Layout - My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition Kit October 2013 - Prima Delight Collection




Hello there!  Just sharing the close-ups & construction details of my 'My Creative Scrapbook' Kit Club Limited Edition Kit layouts for October 2013 {Full of the Prima Delight collection, among other lovely things!} Here's a look at the kit, which is available HERE.


The first layout I created is called 'Caity', after the girl in the
 photo.  My tutorial for the month is based on this layout & is
coming after I have shared my other MCS projects for the month.


I used gesso, mists & stamps on my background, 
as well as drywall tape & a Prima stencil.


The glimmer you see in the above photo on the top left is clear 
embossing powder sprinkled onto my gesso when it is wet.
  It adds a lovely random shine here & there :)


I layered my photo over strips of paper cut from the 
various different Prima Delight patterned papers.


I added an assortment of Prima flowers that I gave an artsy touch to by dabbing them randomly with gesso then stamping them just a teeny bit with my new Prima 'Everyday Vintage' honeycomb stamp.


A close-up of the textural detail in the top left of my layout, 
created with distressed & inked strips of patterned paper, 
drywall tape & thick gesso slathered on with an old credit
 card then misted whilst still wet.  Thanks for visiting!!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning! Beautiful photo, fab drywall tape, stencil work and colors! TFS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You create the most amazing backgrounds!! This is gorgeous!! WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWW!!!

Lynnda said...

I agreed with Julie !! I'm always in love and amaze with your background job!!! Gorgeous lo!! Hugs x

Desire Fourie said...

A piece of art indeed.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown said...

You did as alway made such stunning work with the Kit loved you added the mixed media, this made it so speciaal !!!

Hugs carla

brigitte said...

i really love your layouts! wish i could find the motivation to get going with scrapbooking again, fallen so far behind that i have no idea where to start!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is lovely - as always a fab mix of products...keep meaning to say I really admire how you use the dry wall tape...always adds that touch of pizazz:):):)

Unknown said...

Stunning use of color and awesome texture!! Love it!!

Val-Belle said...

Another gorgeous layout Helen. I am always blown away by your pages. Such rich colours and textures and beautiful photos.

Carin McDonough said...

This is stunning Helen, that background is totally droolworthy! :)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning page Helen!! I so love all the gorgeous colours and textures you use on your backgrounds, they are totally amazing!! A really fabulous LO!!! ox

Keren Tamir said...

another fantastic layout!! you rock this kit!

sandi said...

Another gorgeous beauty! Your lo's are sooooooooooooo dreamy!

Denise van Deventer said...

Another absolutely fabulous page...! Just divine!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Breathtaking background. So many yummy layers. Such a sweet photo too.