Friday 27 September 2013

'20 and 21' Layout - Inkido Special Guest Designer {Lindy's Stamp Gang, Flourish with a Bling. Webster's Pages}




Hello again!  This post has been forever in the making!!  I have been blogging left, right & centre this week, at every blog but my own :)  So here at last is my Special Guest Designer contribution to the Inkido blog this month!!!


You can see the post on the Inkido blog HERE.


I used Inkido papers, butterfly stamp & flowers & tried to see
 how colourful I could get with these classic vintagey papers.


I distressed all the papers then inked their edges with dark brown ink & bent, tore, 
scrunched & stapled them.  Inkido papers are just perfect for this kind of 
treatment as they strong so can withstand mists & water treatments too.


I added some touches of black in the way of bling, feathers and netting to enhance the dramatic photos used then tied all the colours together through the use of mists in black, brown, yellow & pink by spraying & splattering.


I added some old book paper for a romantic touch. The photos I used are very 'young & funky' which one may not automatically imagine using with Inkido papers but I suggest you try it!  I kept the images small as I took them off my daughter's Facebook page & they were taken using a mobile phone camera.


As she is away at university most of the time this is the only way I get hold 
of any photos of her as I'm sure any other mothers of teenagers will understand :)  

As well as Inkido products I used netting from Webster's Pages, mists from Lindy's 
Stamp Gang & flourishes from Flourish with a Bling, as well as old book papers,
 staples, mesh tape, gesso & a feather :)  Happy Weekend everyone :)



21 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I hear you on the blog here, blog there! So busy :)- this is stunning, Helen. Gorgeous photo subjects, great colors, awesome details- I love this one so much!

xErin

ALINE said...

What a beautiful page! I loved it!

Lisa Minckler said...

I love your technique for quality time together..that's brilliant!!! That picture of her is gorgeous and the LO is fantastic in contrast to the b&w image. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are sooooo amazing Helen!! I love love love love this! LOVING the colors, the layers and the butterflies!!!

Cathy said...

Such a gorgeous LO Helen, adore everything about this!! xx

Sandie said...

Gorgeous page and love how you worked those papers and products.... have a wonderful weekend Helen!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Totally stunning page Helen. Love all the layering and the textures. Just gorgeous!! oxox

Cindy Fortin said...

oh wow! What a georgeous page! I love absolutely everything about it! So inspiring...

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL.....but you just loooove being busy:):):) anyways, this is just gorgeous & I hear you re: the photos .....love your layers & the touches of black look perfect:):):)

Alison said...

Beautiful, Helen...and I know what you mean about using FB pics!
Alison xx

sandi said...

How pretty Helen! Love the background and lovely layers.....fab!

Val-Belle said...

Beautiful layout Helen... Love the colours and touches of black. The butterfly stamp is just gorgeous. Love the pics.

Svjetlana said...

Stunning page!

Svjetlana said...

Stunning page!

Carin McDonough said...

This is beautiful Helen, I love the pops of pink and the adorable photos! :)

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Helen. Love the netting and the paper tearing around the edges.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Lynnda said...

Lovely photos!!! This is another amazing layout from you!!! I love it... as always ... very inspiring indeed! hugs...x

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a gorgeous page and gorgeous photo's too! Love the edges that look burnt and the background is amazing too! Juuuust beautiful! ;-)

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh yah know exactly what you mean with the blogging bit ;)
What a gorgeous couple they would make if they weren't bro and sis! Oh my - 21! mmm lots of discoveries of real life coming up. LOOOVE how you made the soft romantic Inkido papers look so cool! This is really gorgeous one! xoxo

zenevak said...

Love the distressed effect and the intensity of this layout! A fabulous page.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning page, so sophisticated. Love the pops of pink behind the photos.