Tuesday 7 May 2013

Aspiring DJ Layout - Zva Creative - Glitz Design





Here's a closer look at the masculine layout I created for 
Zva Creative last week.


I really went to town on this one & HAD FUN!  
Something about this boy always brings out my funky side!!


I wanted to show how you can use BLING ON A BOY PAGE even though most people would initially not even consider the idea.


I built up my background with mists & stamps & used Prima alphas on my title (which I then went over with some matte multi-medium to secure).


I overlaid an entire bling flourish on top of a mess of tangled threads, which muted the 'bling' of the flourish, thus making it more manly.


I printed my photos small & my sentiment card large, to switch things up a bit.


I used some giant rhinestones from Glitz Design 'Yours Truly' Collection, as is the patterned paper base.


Thanks for stopping by today!  

I hope I have inspired you to break out the bling on your boy pages :)



21 comments:

Lynnda said...

okay now im so digging my bling!!! this layout is so masculine and yet so beautiful...I love it!!!.... you rock it Helen!!! Bravo!..... hugs...x

Tracee said...

Great page and great use of the bling! It all fits together so well Tx

Leonie said...

Oh I like the thread and bling together, very cool!!

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Love this! Great title, great look, and pics! Such a true to life lo! Love the every day feelings kind of lo. You did a great job with this.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! LOVING the photos, the misting and love love love love love love that title!!!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous boy page...only you can pull bling and flowers off on a boy page. I love the tangle of threads.

juscrap said...

Absolutely stunning Helen! Loved this photo and colours. xx

Denise Price said...

Love the way you added masses of string to the bling (hey, that rhymes)! Also love the misting as the backdrop for the title.

Thanks for the congrats on my OUAS feature--it was quite a thrill! :)

yyam said...

Nicely done. I don't think adding bling to a masculine layout makes it girly at all. This looks awesome!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your masculine Layout Helen! and especially the thread which I think is so unique!!
Thank You~

Tracey said...

WOW!! This is just incredible Helen!!

Unknown said...

Just so cool great boy design

hugs carla

Svjetlana said...

This page is so adorable, lI love the background and a way how you used bling.

Kerryn said...

I love this one so much Helen! Absolutely fabulous :).

Denise van Deventer said...

Great page Helen and love the details! The threads and bling and your background...they make for a fab page! Love it!

Marelize said...

What a stunning boy page Helen! I've never seen bling looking so 'manly'! Love the message behind the layout. xx

Val-Belle said...

Love this bright happy fun layout. Gorgeous photos, stunning page.

Marjie Kemper said...

One of my faves! Love how you've mixed the bling with the threads and the fabulous way you layered from paper to photo. This must be pinned.

FiKenward said...

Fabulous arty page Helen, love the pictures and the story.

Jasmine S said...

Awesome page Helen. Just love every detail. Very funky and grungy and just ace.

Sandie said...

What a feast for the eyes.... the story behind it is so cool... and I adore your photographs (as always). Brilliant!!