Tuesday 30 October 2012

Mixed Media Canvas for My Creative Scrapbook





So the time has come at last to share my work done for 
My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club this month.


In future I will be able to share earlier, actually I didn't realise
that I was meant to be sharing all along as I am actually working
with the current kit for October & not the newer November kit.


I will be putting up the photo tutorial for this soon and
 then....tadadadada!! The video tutorial!!  Which I must tell
 you is NOT 2 minutes long LOL!  It's a wopping 20 minutes
so I'll forgive you for not watching :)  {in fact I may even pay
you not to watch LOL}.  That's just me being shy :))))


If you are wondering who the gorgeous boys are they are NOT MINE!
They are the handsome sons of my Australian friend Leonie Neal-Dawson
who is a highly talented mixed media artist and produces very
inspirational work!  She sent me the most AMAZING canvas in return.


The Mixed Media Design Team is a new addition to
 My Creative Scrapbook & it's focus is to be on education, 
which suits me to a T because I love tutorials!


Even if you don't subscribe to their kits {which everybody knows
are the bees knees of kits in the shabby chic genre} following their
blog will provide you with a steady stream of daily inspiration.


Apart from some of the mists, the gauze, the paint & the actual 12"
canvas all the rest you see here comes from the My Creative Scrapbook
Mixed Media October kit available for sale HERE.



I used all the keys and all the dangles on this piece! 

Supplies List for 'Go Confidently' Canvas

12inch Canvas - locally purchased
Embossing Glue Pad & refill - Tsukineko
UTEE {Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel} Ranger
White Acrylic Paint - Dala
Modeling Paste - Reeves
Texture medium - Deco Art
Multi Medium Matte- Claudine Helmuth Studio
Green paint - Dala
Grid stencil - 6' Crafter's Workshop
Butterfly Stencil - Maya Road
Black Mist - Maya Road - Charcoal
Blue Mist - Tattered Angels - Patina
Green Mist - Gable Green - Studio Calico
Navy mist - Smooch Spritz - Navy Twinkle
Pink Mist - Studio Calico 'Calico Cream' mixed with
Ranger Liquid Pearls Petal Pink
Blue dots - Ranger Liquid Pearls Baby Blue
Ranger Liquid Pearls Peacock {Green}
Alphas - Webster's Pages Storytellers - Park Drive
Misted gauze - bought from pharmacy then misted
Keys - Maya Road Antique Room Keys
Beads - 7 Gypsies Dangles
{Black mist, stencils, dangles and keys all from
My Creative Scrapbook Mixed Media Kit October 2012}

****On another MORE BORING note my internet troubles are 
still with me - for 17 days now we have had an unstable line &
I am able to get online for a couple of hours a day after spending
a couple of hours trying to log on & resetting the router a gazillion
 times - today I reported our internet provider to 2 consumer 
watchdogs in the hopes that someone may actually arrive 
to attempt to get to the source of the problem!****

That means I've been a lousy commenter this month & I apologise :)




31 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Helen this is gorgeous. Looking forward to your video which I will definitely watch. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Keren Tamir said...

Love love the canvas!! that butterfly template is amazing I love it!!

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow, Helen! you absolutley rocked it! love all the texture here:) and he-he I will watch your tutorial! and i have some great news thanks to you:))) you must know, what I mean:) thank you so much, my friend!:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful canvas, Helen! I love the look of the gauze, very nice!

Judith said...

Great background. Look forward to the tutorial.

Mitralee said...

ROCK STAR CANVAS! Love the letters and the keys and the whole thing! Very lovely my friend! OF COURSE I will watch the video. First off you have a cool accent (well to me you do), secondly who knows what I'll learn, and thirdly, I am pretty sure there are some strictly African terms you may use I might want to import....bees knees though we already have that here....

Bellaidea said...

Helen, this is a great work, love it.By the way, how much do you pay for video watching:)? I will do it for sure! Hugs!

topkatnz said...

Wow this is so pretty Helen! Love the gesso butterfly:):)

Tracey said...

WOW!!! Absolutely stunning Helen!!

Unknown said...

Stunning canvas! Love how you added so much detail to the butterfly! Gorgeous work!

Mona Pendleton said...

WoW Helen! What a stunning canvas! Love all the texture and sweet photo!

Lynnda said...

I heart your MM!!!! its awesome... great background colors!!! Perfect for the photo!!! Loving the butterfly!!! Awesome.... hugs...xoxo

dstandard said...

WOWSERS - the background on this is simply stunning - what a fabulous page!

Leonie said...

OH Helen, you're amazing, it's Amazing!!!!!!
Thank you so Much. I Love it.
That's made my day!!! Mwah! xxx

Sandi Smith said...

This looks amazing Helen...love every detail and I so look forward to your video!

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! This is incredible you are so creative!
Hugs
xoxo

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is simply gorgeous, Helen, and I cannot wait for the video! I will watch a wee bit but can't promise to finish LOL They make me dizzy!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY SMOKES!!!! This is AMAZING!!! I love love love the colors, the textures and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the butterfly and the keys!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

And PS... so so so sorry you are still having internet issues :(

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fantastic!!!!!! I thought I'd made a mistake at first because I instantly recognised Leonie's kids! Lol! This is totally brilliant, Helen!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Ahhh this is sublime Helen! thanks ever so much for close-ups, really soaking in all the glorious details and textures. You certainly are a rock star tee hee!! Will definitely see your video from start to end. Bugger bugger bugger the internet problems grrrrr!! xoxoxo

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow! I just knew it! This is breathtaking beautiful. Well done Helen.

yyam said...

Oh my, that background detailing is super awesome! I just love all the textures and colours. Fabulous work Helen! :)

Kerryn said...

This is absolutely stunning Helen!

sandi said...

Wow Helen!!!! This is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this to bits!!! Perfect quote as well!!!

Keren Tamir said...

Just saw your video on the MCS blog!! turned out really good!! It was nice for me to see your face and put an image to the emails.

Marelize said...

This is so beautiful Helen! At first I thought 'I know those kids' and then thought 'no, can't be' but I was right. Leonie has got such beautiful kids and you've created an amazing canvas here. You've got such amazing talent. Can't wait to see your video. :)

Ps. Sorry that I didn't know about your give away and now it's too late. :( Maybe next time. xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Helen!!! Love all of the texture and colors! Enjoyed watching your video!

Mrs Frizz said...

flippin' gorgeous ... absolutely stunning to be honest

Jasmine S said...

D E L I S H. Colour, pic, texture, style. It has it all. Love love.

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful canvas, Helen!
No need to be shy, you did an amazing, professional job on your video...explained everything so well & spoke beautifully!!