Friday 17 August 2012

The Best Things in Life are Free {Purple Pumpkin Guest Designer} Glitz Design





Let's take a closer look at my Purple Pumpkin Guest designer
 work! You can see it up on their blog HERE!  Don't you just 
LOVE this chevron paper?  I LOVE the chevron trend but it's a
 bit too graphic for my style, so this one from the new Glitz 
collection "Cashmere Dame" was great as it's printed a bit
 grungy & after I'd slathered on some gesso I was very happy!


I went with the trend for cutting around the subject in your
 photographs - silhouette style, and layered up some older Glitz 
bits & pieces behind it, drawing attention to the title and
 photograph by surrounding it with twine in a circular shape.


Then I layered all sorts of stuff across the bottom of the photo
too - including Purple Pumpkin flowers to the left {inked them
up a bit with "Creamy Brown" to keep in with the grungy look.


I added my journaling at the top of my layout, using a Glitz
sentiment card that I stapled on, and some Glitz mini alphas 
too.  All crochet doilies used are from Purple Pumpkin.


All the lovely goodies above are from Purple Pumpkin, the 
flowers, doily & lovely mini floral print button.  I tucked in 
some muslin for texture & added the date using Glitz alphas.


All the lovely bits above (except the circular flower) are from
Glitz Design - various different collections.  One of the things
I love about Glitz - like Webster's and Prima it really is a mix
and match type of manufacturer so your stash is never wasted.


Supplies List for "The Best Things in Life are Free" Layout

Chevron Paper - Glitz Design - Cashmere Dame
Gesso - Claudine Helmuth Studio
Mini- alphas - Glitz Design Rose Grunge
Sentiment cards & stickers- Glitz Design Pretty in Pink
Rub-ons - Glitz Design
Transparency - Glitz Design - Afternoon Muse
Text title paper - Glitz Design - Beautiful Dreamer
Cards behind photo & die-cut- Glitz Design Vintage Blue
Resin Gems - Glitz Design
Twine, button, doily and die-cut flowers - Purple Pumpkin
Staples & muslin - Stash
Ink - Color Box - Creamy Brown




15 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I must say, Helen, this is one of my faves of yours...I really like the eclectisism [is that a word?] of it all...& it works so well! LOVE that big tan flower, too...quite striking as are the chevrons & that saying...nice one!!!!!:):):):)

Rachael Funnell said...

HOLY! MOLY! This is GORGEOUS!!
Sooooo LOVING the Chevron,I can't wait to get my hands on the Glitz Design Range!!!
I love how you cut around the photo! it really looks FANTASTIC here...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is seriously one of my faves of yours EVER!! I loveeeeeeeee the chevron and love love love how you did the title!!!!

topkatnz said...

Have to agree with you about the chevron thing. Funny how the old looks keep coming round:)

Gayle Price said...

Wonderful page, full of life and energy. Have to admit to being a Glitz fan as well, love their papers, and you have worked some magic with them here. xx

Desire Fourie said...

Another stunner Helen. I love the fussy cut around the subject, also one of my favourite techniques. The collaged embellies around the subject works so well and everything looks meant to be.
Hugs
Desire

Jasmine S said...

Oh so much gorgeousness Helen. I love that paper and you have used it perfectly with the mix of colours and the touch of gesso. Love the pic cut out and yep, all in all, a fab page.

Evgenia Petzer said...

Helen, thi is gorgeous!!! LOVE it !love chevrons as well:)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning layout my friend. I am totally in love with chevrons right now and also with hexagons.

Love all the detail in your work. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog lately.

xx

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

This is Delish...so many wonderful details to take in. Love what you have done with the chevrons and gesso. Totally gorgeous!

sandi said...

Oh my this is simply FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! love every inch of this stunning page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alison said...

Gorgeous Helen..the twine acts really well as a frame!
Alison xx

Bente Fagerberg said...

Funny how these trends come and go , and just like other kind of fashion it becomes the thing to promote at that moment. I guess that is one of those many things that make scrapping ,(..and hoarding ? :-)) so much fun!
Love the chevrons here and you did a wonderful job toning down parts of it to make the photo stand out more. Lovely!

Eila Sandberg said...

LOVE when you go grungy Helen! also think chevrons are a wee bit too much for my own taste but with the gesso, it looks fab! totally gorgeous page, lots of pizzazz to admire!! you really rocked this!! xoxo

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Love wat you did with the chevron! I'm not a big fan of graphics either... :p though I must admit I buy n stock up with hopes I'll b able to make something decent out of em some day lol! Looooove the flower too!! Pretty !!