Monday 2 July 2012

Friends Layout {Les Papiers de Pandore} using their June Sketch!







Was last month not just the shortest month in history?! 
 Really???  It all just went wooooooooooooosh -
 then ended - and that was that!  So sorry for craaaaamming
 the posts in at the last minute but what can you do?  

Sometimes things just happen that way despite your best efforts.


I followed the fantastic sketch up at Pandore
last month HERE - I honestly count myself SO
blessed to be on the Les Papier de Pandore 
Design Team, Julie is the best boss in the whole
world and the papers & stamps are aaaaaahmayzing!


You know you can buy all her papers direct off the
 Pandore site HERE and there is also wholesalers 
section up there too HERE.


Gesso is my BEST friend right now!  And metals!!
Dear Mitra sent me that Tim Holtz beauty - swooon...


Used up an ancient Making Memories pre-glittered title -
that makes me VERY happy!  And some pre-printed
"friends" masking tape!!  These boys are actually my sons,
aren't they the cutest?  They are actually good friends too!!


I used that printed brad for the dot above the "i"
and gessoed up the brad inside the metal edge.


I used a K & Co. Wooden embellishment underneath 
my Tim Holtz concertina flower {that I die-cut} & I 
added in a snazzy Etsy stick-pin! Scroll up to the main
photo and notice the other 2 used in the top embellishment...


All papers here are from Les Papiers des Pandore 
"Cherry Darling" Collection HERE.


All photos here taken with my INSTAXThis is the
 most hassle-free camera ever & fortunately for me 
hubby travels to the East regularly so I always have
 a fresh supply of film!


Supplies List for "Friends" Layout

Black cardstock - American Crafts
All printed papers - Les Papiers de Pandore 
"Cherry Darling" Collection
Thread & Printed Masking Tape- stash
Journaling pen - Creative Memories
Gesso - Paper Plus
Inks - Dark Brown, Toffee, Lime Pastel, 
Yellow Citrus & Ocean - all Color Box
Stick Pins - Etsy
Metal book plate - Tim Holtz 
Idea-ology Ornate Plates
Concertina flower die - Tim Holtz
Glittered title - Making Memories
Metal-rimmed brad - Bo Bunny Gabrielle Collection
Wooden embellishment - K & Co
Numeral stickers - Basic Grey




19 comments:

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous layout Helen... love the photos too... Yep Instax is awesome... perfect for multiple photos sketch!!! TFS... hugs...xoxo

Marelize said...

Such a great sketch and I just love what you've done with it Helen. I really enjoy all the close ups that you give of your work.
I too feel like something happened to June. In fact, I think someone stole the first 6 months of 2012 off me. Lol!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous layout once again Helen. Love all the layering, colours and collaged effect.
Hugs
Desire

Karen said...

I love those photos taken with the Instax Helen, I have been considering getting one so might have to go ahead.
Your layouts are always so detailed, beautiful!!

Bellaidea said...

Dear Helen, I can see only two small photos today on your blog but I`m sure it`s great LO and as soon I really have internet I will visit again!:) Have a nice day my friend!

Carin McDonough said...

Fantastic layout I love the little details and the tape! Yup your boys are definitely the cutest, can you send them over here to teach my sons to actually be freinds? My boys spend more time fighting than being freinds!

Leonie said...

Great LO Helen. Love the mix of papers.
I bought myself that Tim Holtz die a few weeks ago, Love it!
Love yours 'friends' masking tape too.
cheers. :)

Mitralee said...

HELEN!!! DUDE!!!

JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!!

GESSO ON THE TIM HOLTZ!!! YOU ARE BRILLIANT.

Ok, will stop yellin' as it's morning here and I might wake up the sleeping beauties downstairs off for summer break!!!

SERIOUSLY tho, that is brilliant!! I love your flowers with a smidge f gesso and your stick pins are fab! Congrats on using up old stash for the title, that is rock star!!!

Have a great week Miss Helen, wish you good energy!

Kerryn said...

I love the combination of colours, just gorgeous! Loving all the touches of gesso.

Unknown said...

Wow, look at all the photos you crammed in there- impressive!! Love the patterns and mix of masculine colors :) I sure hope my boys are better friends when they get older, lol...
Take care,
xErin

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors, the photos and love love love the little cluster of clouds!!!

scrapping4me said...

I agree Helen the month did go very fast for me too! We have been on holidays so half the month went very fast for me so hence my lack of commenting on your blog! I looorve this sketch! Your page turned out really awesome and the colours are great! Now that I am back on deck will keep in touch!

Marília Lopes said...

Hi Helen!
I read all the posts I missed and that everything was wonderful as always! I love your work!
The flu has invaded my home and the routine is a bit clumsy!

topkatnz said...

I've been trying to convince Glen that Instax cameras are really cute. The cameras themselves are quite cheap, but the film is quite pricey:(

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous LO, Helen!! Love how you used the bright little stick pins and the touches of gesso!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Evgenia Petzer said...

love this one)

yyam said...

You always add such nice touches to your layouts with your mix of embellishments! Good-looking dudes you have! :)

Denise Price said...

Great boy page--it is so fun, playful, colorful, and detailed!

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. You are so supportive. THANK YOU!

Alison said...

love what you've done with this great sketch Helen!
Alison xx