Saturday, 30 June 2012

C'est Magnifique, Once Upon a Sketch and Handmade by Suzanne Challenges!





If you are looking for the SCRAPTHAT! BLOG HOP please 
scroll down or just click HERE! I was so busy with my ScrapThat!
 reveal this week that I didn't have time to post my entries into
 these 3 challenges so I am sliding in here at the eleventh hour!! 

 Here is my take on the challenge over at  Once Upon a Sketch 
 where the subject is BIRTHDAYS!  

The theme of this challenge is BIRTHDAYS

We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme
 "BIRTHDAYS" however you like based on the following sketch.
 You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout 
must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 

Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling 
on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . 
Hidden journalling is perfectly fine. 

I did a layout about ME!  Shock, horror!!  I know!!!
But I had a photo for a change...my daughter took it...
So I decided that I could "do this thing!!"


I used paper from Les Papiers de Pandore and Meg's Garden
and a beautiful big floral bouquet from Manor House, all from
my current and past kits from the totally fabulous kit club,

Pebbles corrugated letters, gessoed up.  Bo Bunny alphas
 inked and gessoed.  Inking and textured gesso applied with
 an old credit card on my background.  Fussy-cutting in there too...


My journaling!  "Being 44 is wonderful, I have more time for
 myself, and teenagers are hilarious to have around - Jan 2012"

I have two teenage sons and just listening to their daily banter 
has me in hysterics ALL DAY LONG!  I have a little girl on
 the verge of teenagedom &seeing her blossom is too beautiful,
 then I have a "big girl" who is 19, that is thankfully already 
over the "Bl**!$y awful" stage and is a constant and daily 
blessing to me!!


So that was FUN, being "on the other side of the fence" 
so to speak., playing at Once Upon a Sketch instead of
designing for them. I hope I have the opportunity to play
along more often!  Thanks girls for your great inspiration!!

Next up is my entry into the 
Another lovely sketch by Nadia, - 
how did we ever live without her?!


Again I used the wonderful Pandore papers in the kit, together
with more from Meg's Garden, as well as 2 huge and very lovely
flowers from Manor House, some really cool Dusty Attic chippie.


Some close ups!


Pretty die-cut sticker from Bo Bunny "Country Garden".


These Manor House blooms are nothing short of 
ETHEREAL - definitely ordering more SOON!!


And last but not at all least, I also played along
again...by Nadia!!  As my photo was portrait
orientation not landscape I rotated the sketch
one turn to the right (clockwise) then used it like that.

June 2012 Sketch Competition


I used the June Kit from C'est Magnifique AGAIN
and gessoed, stenciled and inked the Meg's Garden
printed paper, adding in some lightweight mesh then
stitching down my photo and adding lots of loose
thread to my clusters, an inexpensive embellishment!


I used the Manor House Creations "Plain Janes" which are
 their blooms designed for painting up or misting.  Gee I had
 a field day on these with lots of mists and ended off with 
spritz of Perfect Pearls by Ranger for a really high shine!  
They are a treat to see in person!


I also used a couple of Petaloo blooms that I also misted 
with the Perfect Pearls and they also look just dandy!!


I used a gorgeous key available from Zeus and Zoe HERE.
Just click into their Etsy shop from the sidebar.  So as you 
can see I have been a busy, busy bee, buzzing about in my
studio!  And now it's time for me to buzz off!!  Bzzzzzzz....

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!




28 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

These are all lovely...just snuck em in!!!! My fave is the one of you...love that font on the journaling & that flower.is AMAZING...& all the bg work...VERY nice:):):)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Such HAPPY, Bright pages, Helen! Just looking at them lifted my spirits. Good to see you do a page on yourself :)
I love the flowers on the last page. Your plain Janes are now party girls after all the delish misting!

Erin Blegen said...

Wow, you have been ONE BUSY GIRL!! These are all SO gorgeous- I also love Nadia's sketches :)...
Well done :),
xErin

sandi said...

Oh my goodness Helen these are all just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!! You really have outdone yourself! Wow!!!!!!!!! Love all of these!!!!!!
Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww....is all I can say.....
xxxx

Eila Sandberg said...

OMG Helen have you had time to eat or sleep at all scrapping all these super super gorgeous pages?! My fave all categories is the one of yourself, LOVE that one an extra bit more!! Wooohoo! just as Anupama says, I get soooo happy and inspired just looking at your pages. Have to go back and check out the details now. Hope you're having a fabbo weekend sweetie. xoxo

Evgenia Petzer said...

so stunning!!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Thank u so much Helen :))))

Awesome work here... The one Of u if my fave!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Wow you have been busy the last week. Loving these gorgeous creations, especially the one featuring your fabulous self!!! Wishing you a wonderful creative weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Doing Life

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! These are all soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love all the flowers...and you are one beautiful woman!!!!

Beverly Sams said...

Helen, these layouts are amazing! I just love your work!

Beverly Sams said...

Helen, these layouts are amazing. I just love your work!

dstandard said...

WOW Helen these are all stunning! Congrats on doing a page on your self - it's fabulous!

Rachael Funnell said...

Holy! Moly! you have been a busy girl... These all look AMAZING!! The Colors are TOTALLY GORGEOUS & put a smile on the dial!!! Keep them coming! x

MARILYN said...

Beautiful creations! love the page about you, you look so pretty..lovely pic took your daughter. The journaling is very true, I feel in the same way, I will turn 44 in August and I enjoy more the simple life things. Second page looks sooo pretty love the white big flowers.
You was working a lot!! Beautiful work as always! Hugs!!! :)

Michelle said...

Pretty, pretty pages!!! I LOVE this page of you! We are the same age. ;) The one of your daughter is fabulous too. I always love the little details you add.

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, what absolutely stunning and amazing LO's!! Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lynnda said...

OMG Helen.... I love all the layouts.... they are all STUNNING!!! ABsolute Gorgeous... the flowers.... the choice of PP...the photographs... and the colors too... love them all to bits!!! Hugs...xoxo

Marelize said...

Your work is just so inspiring Helen! I love all of these and I can relate to the one you did of yourself. Gorgeous pic too.
Great take on the sketch at HBS. Glad you could play along. xx

Chantelle said...

all your LO's are just so pretty - love all your details. So inspiring.

Marivic (Berry71Bleu) said...

They all said it!!

I will just say "DITTO"

Stunning work Helen!!

phamil said...

WOW Helen, these are just gorgeous, and you are totally rocking those ManorHouse blooms! You are just doing amazing work!!! I am so going to miss you at OUAS! But will still visit you often! LOL!

Keren Tamir said...

Love these 3 pages especially the one of you. I love that photo of you its so candid!! you should do more of yourself and show that beautiful smile. I'm smiling internally at this post and only you and I know why lol. Wishing you good luck and good job on the advertising!!

Mitra Pratt said...

Absolutely delish. I have noticed your style changing a wee bit (again) which is what always thrills me about your work. You never know what crazy stuff Helen will come up with next! That is a lovely photo of YOU and I can see where your beautiful girls (and boys) get their stunning good looks...I will have to try some gesso on some metal, great idea!!!!

yyam said...

Oh my goodness! Visually arresting layouts Helen. You are beyond amazing! I do need to get on that floral bandwagon...you've certainly lured me over to the dark side...lol
*$$ on wings flying away*

yyam said...

Oh my goodness! Visually arresting layouts Helen. You are beyond amazing! I do need to get on that floral bandwagon...you've certainly lured me over to the dark side...lol
*$$ on wings flying away*

Eila Sandberg said...

YOHOOO! Congrats on the feature over at UOAS!!! he he it came in by the skin of your teeth but immediately caught the attention of the DT voting! *happy dance* WTG sweetie! xoxox

Denise Price said...

So much gorgeousness, all in one post.

Congrats on being featured at OUAS! I knew you would still be hanging around there. :)

On the second LO, I like how you used white accents on the pink background. That gives the LO a fresh and breezy look.

I love how the third layout exudes floweriness--paper flowers atop a floral background. You can never have too many flowers, right? :)

 
Pin It button on image hover