Monday, 21 May 2012

HI Card - Les Papiers de Pandore {Case Study Challenge}







Hi girls!  I could KISS you all right now
 I am so happy to be back online!  

Computer/router problems have kept me away and it
 has been a blessing and a curse/Heaven and Hell!  I 
have managed to create like a wild train so have made
 some good headway for Pandore and you can see
 my first project for May up on their blog HERE

 The downside of course is that I have missed
 visiting all my favourite bloggy pals!


Yes I made a card!  And I shall be making more 
of them!! Why?!?  Because they are so QUICK in 
comparison to one of my layouts, and also
because I actually NEED cards - I am positively
 EMBARRASSED every time there is occasion to 
give a card & I have to BUY one!  Never again!!  


I used the Maison de Campagne papers from 
Les Papiers de Pandore,which are available for purchase HERE
 There are also some Pandore papers available for sale at the
 C'est Magnifique online store HERE too.


I added some gorgeousness from my own stash too!
Namely the doily, tag, ink, vintage alphas, tulle, bling,
braid and the Webster's Pages mini Princess Petal.

My card has ELEVEN layers!  Safe to say that my
 card style follows after my layout style then :)


Supplies List for HI card

Cardstock - American Crafts
Checked Paper - Picnic - Le Maison de Campagne 
{Les Papiers de Pandore}
Scroll Design, Printed card, circular element & butterfly
  - Labels {Les Papiers de Pandore}
Doily, tag, braid, ribbon, bling, glitter & tulle - Stash
Ink - Lime Pastel - Color Box
Pearl Flourish - Zva Creative 
Bloom - Mini Princess Petal - Webster's Pages
Alphas - Making Memories Vintage Findings

I am linking up to Case Study HERE where they have an
inspiration challenge using these colours/elements going on
until midnight EST tomorrow {Tuesday} so if you feel
inspired check it out as you still have time to play along!








22 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Nice to have you back with us....in so short a time I'm expecting a post from you each day & wondered where you'd been...YEP! Making cards is amazing...still takes that time to get the brain ticking on what to do, but it DOES come together quick & it's such a buzz to make a gorgeous one...like this one! ELEVEN layers. I reckon we should have a comp...who can make the most layers & still manage to stuff it in an envelope. I can see Mitra joining in with that one!!!! Go, Helen:):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry about the computer problems! Hopefully all is well now... I loveeeeeeeeeeee your card!! LOVING the colors, the accents on the flower, the tag and LOVING that butterfly!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Sabrina said...

Oh Helen, this card is completely beautiful!! Loving the soft colors and layers, yes you should do more cards! I so enjoy looking at this, such an inspiration ;) *kiss*kiss* ;)

sandi said...

Wow! This is just absolutely GORGEOUS! Love all the bits and pieces!
Hope all your computer problems are done now....so frustrating!

Eila Sandberg said...

What a drag having computer problems, one gets totally frustrated and not much one can do either. Fingers crossed! Exactly what I was thinking; WHAT a card?! and what a gorgeous card it is too! yay for getting it! I love how the tulle peeks out, the doily and the WP princess bloom, fits perfectly! xoxo

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Did you change your email-id? My mail to your address has come back.
Could you pls mail me at camapuna@gmail.com if you have a new email id?

Bente Fagerberg said...

So nice to see a card from you Helen... Like me you are not a frequent cardie, but we do need them... And like you I get pretty embarrassed when I have to give a store bought card. I actually make some from time to time for my MIL (because she thinks the bought ones 'are so expensive'... I don't want to tell her that the hand made one is even more expensive...lol!)
The card is absolutely gorgeous, and so fun seeing you work the Garden Party Collection.Wonderful!!!

tania said...

oh this "hi" card is just too pretty! glad you sorted your router problems,but yes! when you are disconnected for a while one seems to get much more done:)

Evgenia Petzer said...

stunning! and welcome to a card world%)

Mitra Pratt said...

oh Helen, 11 layers! Thankfully this isn't a cake although it is yummy enough to bite! Great card!! I am glad to have you back. I had a quiet weekend too, just me and a book to recharge.

Mitra Pratt said...

AND YES LIZZY, I am in for THAT challenge! ;-)

Kerryn said...

I need to create like a crazy train! LOL just need life to stop for a while. I adore this card Helen. The lucky recipient will love it too!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

I love your card!!! How pretty and love those letter brads! I don't know what's happened to my dashboard on blogger... completely random comment I know... it's just bugging me!!!

topkatnz said...

Very impressive indeed:)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Helen! Love all the layers and the fancy flower embellishment!

joyce said...

We've missed you Helen. Glad you're back and in the swing of things again. Beautiful card. Love all the close up of the fabulous layers.

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous. Love the collaged/layered effect and the soft colour combo. Totally agree, much more personal giving a handmade card.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Christina said...

This is gorgeous, Helen. I'm a CAS kind of girl myself, but I envy your talent with all of these beautiful layers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CASE Study!

Lynnda said...

gorgeous card Helen... love it!!! hugs..xoxo

Fi said...

OK I have been meaning to get on my computer and leave you a comment since you posted this. Love love love, it!!! You used the papers beautifully and I just love how the white brightens it all up with the added softness of the tulle, just beautiful Helen!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Stunning! These layers are just amazing... I know what you mean about hating to buy a card, too!

Maureen said...

oh, there are just so many gorgeous little details on this! LOVE the blossom at center stage :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)