Friday, 16 March 2012

Once Upon a Sketch {Love Lost Layout} Crate Paper/My Mind's Eye






There's a lovely new sketch & journaling prompt over at 
Once Upon a Sketch,
as of yesterday!  Go and check out the reveal HERE & read 
all about the wonderful sponsors, see the awesome guest designers
 & what's up for grabs for the winners.  Last fortnight saw a 
remarkable SEVENTY entries so a big shout out to
 Once Upon a Sketch 
and Nadia's mad organisational skills!

------------------------------------------------------------

March 15th Challenge

Journalling Criteria:   Finish this line "I miss...". 
 Tell us about someone you are missing right now and why.
 Your journalling can be as long or as little as you like,
 but we want to hear all about someone you are missing!


Ideas for journalling: missing time alone with your partner,
 missing your children because they are off to school, 
university or living away from you, missing a friend you
 have not seen in a while, someone in another country, 
someone that has passed away, a mentor whose advice
 you could use, a relative you wish you lived closer to, 
someone you regret having an argument with.

Remember that you are allowed to also create a card or 
altered project based on this sketch and theme and instead
 of the journalling criteria you need to use a quote. 
YOU MUST combine our journalling criteria with this sketch..


Here's the layout I created for the challenge. It tells a sad 
story of some relatives we were once very close to, who
 have  parted company recently, under a cloud of smoke
 & mirrors.  A modern day tragedy.


Refer back to my previous post for how I prepared my base paper.


My title "Love Lost" {believe me there were many other 
options that flashed through my mind momentarily LOL!}


I could write a book on the whole affair - it's gone 
on for at least 2 years now, but at the end of the day
"I miss the 2 of you being together - 
the way things were" is the only way to keep it brief.


I'm really pleased with the way this layout turned out -
my heart is stitched in there & I think that shows.


Supplies List for "Love Lost" Layout

Base Paper - Studio Calico "Autumn Press" - Frolic
Scalloped Paper - Crate Paper - Lemon Grass Collection - 
Brown Sugar
Green Print - Crate Paper - Random {Graphic} B Side
Text Print - My Mind's Eye - Love Me "Stamped" Paper
Paint - Making Memories "Manila" & Blue Grey (unknown brand)
Mask - Making Memories Vintage Lace {I do} Paper
Mist - Gable Green, Heirloom Blue & Calico Cream {Studio Calico}
Maya Road - Raspberry Pink
Inks - Color Box - Pink, Whale & Ocean
Crochet Lace - Prima - Aqua & Brown
Journaling Pen - Creative Memories
Bloom - Jenni Bowlin
Sparklers, thread - stash
Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts - large shell
Red Alphas - American Crafts "Thickers" Hardcover
Black Alphas - American Crafts Vinyl Thickers - Root Beer Float

---------------------------------------------

***I'm also entering this layout over at Scrap Fit  in their
Weekend Warm Up no. 25 "splattering/dripping" challenge
  HERE***
Their challenge closes on the 18th so you still have a couple
days to get yours in!
 Thanks Missy, Keren, Lean, Erin & girls for the great challenge!!

--------------------------------------------------


This is my last layout for Once Upon a Sketch - 
can you believe I've been there a full year already?!

Time flies...I have LOVED my time there & I will miss it dearly,
but the time has come for me to move on now as I have various
other things up my sleeve this year & just can't do it all.

Thank you SO MUCH to the wonderful Nadia for having me,
believing in me & being a great friend & mentor this past year.




26 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

LOVE this layout and it is so meaningful!

Lynn said...

I love the punch work and the paint splattering! Beautiful work. Thanks for playing along with us over at ScrapFIT!

Alison said...

Love how the red paint drips look like blood dripping from a broken heart..a really moving LO Helen
Alison xx

scrapbookertink said...

This is so lovely Helen, but also sad, I'm sorry you miss them so, take care, Doreen x

Mitra Pratt said...

DUDE! That is a most amazing layout! You really did stitch your heart in there! I love all the layers and splatters and most of all the red flowing down sadly! Great page! I am sure you have interesting things up your sleeve and can't wait to see!!

Rachael Funnell said...

This is Brilliant Helen!! All the Details are FANTASTIC....
That red drippin ink/paint works perfectly here!!

yyam said...

It's gorgeous Helen! I love the colours and check out that paint splatter...

Jasmine S said...

Fabulous page Helen and the title has a really big impact with just those two words. You have created something so touching and beautiful.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooo gorgeous and touching Helen! I loveeeeeeeeee that background!

Desire Fourie said...

Love the sewing border on this. It brings everything together. Beautiful colours once again.
Hugs
Desire

sandi said...

What a beautiful lo! I really like this a lot!

Lynette said...

You have really put so much of your heart into this layout. Lovely layout...and so much meaning.

Fluffy said...

A very touching layout & great design, I have often looked at pictures and thought " I can't scrap that as it's not the same anymore" but seeing your layout makes me remember that we can scrap all events in our lives be they Happy or Sad, Thankyou for the inspiration. Tx

KellyF said...

Helen, this is really very gorgeous. Love your punched borders with the lace accents...and the background treatment. Thanks for the inspiration!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous page - love the dripping color!

Julie said...

This is just amazing! Love the dripping look on this and all the misting. Thanks for sharing your talent and for joining us over at ScrapFit

Cathy said...

So beautiful Helen.. adore your background and I love the impact of your title!! hugs :))

joyce said...

Oh Helen, you touched my heart and brought a tear to my eye. This was made with love and is so very special and beautifully crafted.

Missy Whidden said...

Wow...this is stunning, as always, Helen! The color here is so beautiful. You are so talented. You are so inspiring! So glad you worked out with us at ScrapFIT :)

Carin McDonough said...

Wow, beautiful layout and I can see the emotion in it. Your background is awesome! :)

Blossom inch said...

I love this page and the background is so amazingly beautiful, yes I have seen your previous post on how you did the background! awesome. However, the journaling really touched my heart! what happened! Hugs

Kerryn said...

You have really shown your emotions beautifully in this page. Love it Helen!

Leonie said...

Gorgeous layout Helen.
The background is amazing.
Your journalling is very touching.

Melinda said...

LOVE LOVE this layout Helen! Your title says it all! Your background and colours are just amazing...I am totally inspired! :)x

Jona Panesa said...

wow Helen, this is really gorgeous. loved your texture and everything about this page.

Eila Sandberg said...

You certainly have stitched in your heart in there!I know what you're saying with all this beautiful work xxxx My gosh! has it really been a year, feels more like 6 months! have to check out your previous post for info on how you made the background! xoxox