Thursday 22 March 2012

LOVE Layout {Studio Calico Sunday Sketch} Purple Pumpkin {Misting Your Title}






So I was doing some browsing the other night and came across 
this very unusual sketch over at Studio Calico.  I don't scrap
 anything like those girls really but something about that blog 
always appeals to me and Studio Calico products are top class, 
as is their service.


I ended up making a layout that didn't resemble the placement
of the sketch at all but it's obvious that I used it for inspiration.




I have a whole basket full of those big, old-fashioned chipboard
letters and of course they are just PERFECT to use as alphabet
masks now aren't they?!?!  LOVE it {'scuze the pun...}



I didn't even adhere the letters at all as they were very sturdy.
Just misted straight over them with Mr. Huey's - GREAT mist...



Embellished with Purple Pumpkin and The Chip Chop Shop doilies 
so it's truly an international - American/Australian collaboration!



Added some confetti courtesy of my single hole punch.
{tedious I might add...} and some basic journaling
details with tiny stickers.

****TIP - Rub the back of the confetti over a glue-stick - 
easiest way - use your tweezers.****


Just a quick, fun layout to test out a great idea!  

****Just thinking of new words I can assemble for 
some more MISTED TITLES layouts.****

Supplies List for LOVE layout.

Patterned paper - Studio Calico
Mist - Studio Calico - Mr. Huey's - Overdue
Chipboard alphabet letters - Kay & Company
Denim flowers, cog & button - Purple Pumpkin
Doilies - The Chip Chop Shop
Alphabet stickers - Making Memories & Kaisercraft





28 comments:

topkatnz said...

Very cool - I LOVE it!LOL

Evgenia Petzer said...

stuning!
love the idea of using this "circle" paper around them!

Lea said...

LOVE the circle paper! Great design and those pp embellies are so yummy!!!

Tina said...

This is wonderful Helen - I love how you took the sketch and made it entirely HELEN!!

Mitralee said...

DUDE! love how this flows so nicely! And I do love the confetti! I have to try that myself...good deal on the glue stick, likely I'd be wearing all that glue if I didn't have that tip...

Unknown said...

FABULOUS!! Perfect design- and so much fun!!

Tracee said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch it's a really striking layout! Tx

Alison said...

Great take on the sketch Helen....and great use for the big letters!
Alison xx

Kerryn said...

This is awesome Helen. I love the way you've used the base paper. It really draws your eye in. Love it :).

yyam said...

Wow! Love the bold graphic appeal! Fabulous masking with those chipboard letters! :)

Svjetlana said...

Love your misting and like your LO more then the sketch, great example of how to draw inspiration out of something and create original work!

Jasmine S said...

Wow, that is an unusual sketch and I just LOVE what you did with it. That paper is awesome and the tedious confetti is worth the effort.

Jasmine S said...

Wow, that is an unusual sketch and I just LOVE what you did with it. That paper is awesome and the tedious confetti is worth the effort.

jeanie g said...

Love the ideas you always have Helen and this one is brilliant!

Heather Jacob said...

wow this is totally awesome Helen .. so creative and artsy .... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it to bits ... hugz to you x

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful masking technique going on here and hey ... you definitely dont have to stand back to anyone when it comes to your unique creative style.
Hugs
Desire

Shayne said...

LOVE it!

And how gorg are those denim blomme! LoVE them too xx

Vicky Varvadouka said...

OMG!! SOOOO COOL!!!! I love it Helen! What a great idea for the title and I love how you placed everything in the center & around!!!
xoxo

Irini said...

Gorgeous....love the clustering and the title superb!!
hugz
irini

Lynnda said...

WOW ...whata stunning page... i absolutely love the design here... phenomenal!! You genius Helen!!! Hugs..xoxo

Lynette Jacobs said...

This looks so totally different> Might just have to try it. I love the doilies and the denim flowers...awesome.

sandi said...

Love what you did with the sketch! Looks fab!

Leonie said...

WOW this looks fantastic Helen.
Fabulous design and the purple pumpkin and doilies look great. Did you see purple pumpkin is having a DT callout! you should go for it!
Cheers

FiKenward said...

Cool take on the Sketch Hellen.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow!!! Your layout is gorgeous! So bright and funky! I adore it!!! And the sketch really is cool!!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

COOL! That's what your take on the sketch is! That gives you one more mist-worthy word, Helen. LOL

Bente Fagerberg said...

Stunning Helen. I love the circular shape and that you made the sketch your own. Great idea with the oversized alphas!

Jessy Christopher said...

Love how you kept it in circle to match the background paper! That's brilliant!