Wednesday 10 August 2011

Colour Combos Galore 203 Layout - Teen Speak {Mixed Media for sure!!}






This was last week's wonderful colour combo over at Colour Combos Galore.
The designer's challenge was to use TRANSLUCENT ELEMENTS on your layout, such as vellum, etc...


For my translucent elements I used the spotted teal transparency, the paler aqua gauze & the sparkly organza fabric.  I also used doilies, mesh, burlap (hessian) & an old potato sack (look above at the pale plastic mesh under the burlap).  Yup I save all my old potato sacks!  Upcycling!!


I used a couple other everyday elements here too.  Spot the 2 paint chips?  Actually just had them lying around as we are choosing colours to repaint walls!  Lucky my mojo was firing on all cylinders with this one.


I was just in the mood to layer it all on here.  Not always the case so I went with it & was happy to dip into my old brad collection quite significantly too...Used a couple of wax seals...the texture on here is PLENTY!


Even some tearing on here...which you won't see me do unless I'm in a REALLY ARTSY mood!  Used a photo repeat for the first time ever - I like it - 3 of the same photo - just because I only had the one LOL!!


I love coming up with unusual banners so cut this out of mesh - talk about quick & easy!  Just daubbed it with a bit of gesso & on it went.  Punched out some hearts all down the side of my centre panel so the transparency would show through - a good way to get more mileage out of your shape punches :)


Found the perfect little birdie in my stash {thank you to October Afternoon for that!} & see how it is chirping the word "Speak"? and it's tail is made of all my offcuts of transparency. gauze, organza & mesh...


Got this length of pre-cut burlap at Cocoa Daisy about 6 months back...seems to be going on forever...wish I'd ordered more though now as it's bound to run out & the texture is just perfect...so nice & loose!

Supplies List:-

Dotted cardstock - October Afternoon 5 & Dime
Teal blue spotted cardstock - My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose - Gertie "Friends Forever" Petals Paper
Aqua floral paper - Pink Paislee Daily Junque (reverse side of "Numbers")
Transparency - Teresa Collins "Celebrate"
Teal sparkly organza - local fabric store
Mesh - local fabric store
Gesso - Paper Plus
Turquoise gauze - Healthease "Plasterman" 100mm x 100mm x 8ply
Mist - Maya Mist Blue Hydrangea
Burlap - Cocoa Daisy
Fine mesh - potato sack
Paint chips - Hardware store
Blue/black print paper - from catalogue
Doilies - Etsy
Heart punch - Martha Stewart Crafts
Date spot & journal spot- October Afternoon "Report Card" stickers
Doily sticker - October Afternoon 5 & Dime stickers
Beige alphas - Thickers "Hardboard" chipboard letter stickers by American Crafts
Brads - stash
Embroidered Brad - Basic Grey
Washi tape - Studio Calico
Staples - Making Memories
Wax seals - LSS
Bird & Star - diecuts from October Afternoon "Cherry Hill"

Thanks for your well-wishes everyone, here & on Facebook.  I am feeling quite a bit better since about lunch today (thanks to the antibiotics kicking in I'm sure) so have completed my CCG DT layout for tomorrow & hopefully will get to catch up with some more assignments tomorrow.  




26 comments:

Kiki Aposeki said...

Hello my dear! your page is so inspirational, you combine colors perfectly and the result is so harmonious! and of course photos are beautiful!!!

Bellaidea said...

wow, what a touch! lovely my dear!

Lea said...

Holy Moly!!! Look at everything you have on here! Thanks for describing it in so much detail! I love that and I love this fabulous layout!!!

Rachael Funnell said...

Totally Gorgeous!! Soooo much detail here, I could look @ this for ages.... I Love IT!
I just don't know how you do it? Create Such Amazing Layouts & THEN Giving us SO much Info in your Posts...... THAT's what I call commitment!!
YOU are an Inspiration too many..... xx

Toni Cartwright said...

WOW O WOW O WOW!!!! i love all of this!!!! it is so so so inspirational.... you have so much detail on this LO it is not funny!!! great job!!!!!!
Take care
TONI
XOXOXOXO

Kerryn said...

Loving all that texture! gorgeous!!

Alanna said...

Looks fantastic!! Love everything about it. My favourite part is the punches down the side showing the transparency :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love those photos, the title, the burlap... just AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Wonderful page, Helen!! Perfect embellishments :)

Heather Jacob said...

love it Helen just love it ... all that beautiful texture .. perfect .. hugz x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super fun layout - love the title and the textures! How awesome does that hessian look! Wow! :D

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Yep, your mojo is definitely on fire, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! a big WOW!!!!

tania said...

what a artsy layout!! beautiful helen, loving the doilies;) the colours are just perfect!!

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I absolutely love this! Sooooooo gorgeous! The entire mix is awesome, crafted together so well! I can't stop looking at this!

Evgenia Petzer said...

love it! so rich in ebellishmemts!

yyam said...

This is really beautiful! I love the blues and all the textures! :)

Shayne said...

Gorgeous! Love the colour scheme and the repitition of the same photo. Artsy for sure!

And LOVE your banner. So adorable. You are flying Helen - spread those wings even further my dear and who knows where you'll land up!

Eila Sandberg said...

Helen - 10 days ..... I knew you would be up and about quick as lightning as soon as you felt better ha ha! I so wish I could touch all the fantastic details and elements on your page, it looks so totally gorgeous seen flat on the screen so it's bound to be spectacular IRL! Take care sweetie! xoxoxo

scrapbookertink said...

Hi Helen, gorgeous layout love the burlap.

Mitralee said...

silly blogger wouldn't let me comment last night so I left the page up so I could this am and I got to enjoy this page all over again. Those buttons are so sweet!! Love the layers! I am totally going to scrap lift your layer style shortly, especially since I found the medical kit for the house...it will soon be gauzeless!

Alison said...

Helen, love all the different textures you've used and how they just all'fit' together on your page!
Glad the antibiotics are kicking in
Alison xx

Jessy Christopher said...

Loving all the blue action on this layout & u r so good with details :)

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Fabulous, funky layout Helen! Love all the yummy texture....the banner is super..especially now that I have seen it even closer. :) Still think that bird is just perfect...and love the layering behind the bird. The frayed fabric looks stunning...well, all your details look amazing. :) Thumbs up!

Unknown said...

So so so LOVE how you have done this layout Helen...such an inspiration to me! The hessian and the gauze look amazing! Take care and have a fab weekend :))xx

Trudi Harrison said...

What a wonderful journey of textural delight! Fabulous page

Lynette Jacobs said...

Fabulous Helen...I love all the texture and the colour is amazing.