Monday 25 July 2011

My July RAK Winner, My "Scrapbook Challenges" Challenge winner AND Inspired Blueprints Sketch 76 {Part of the Family Layout - Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934}






***Thanks to everyone who commented on my RAK post here & all the lovely ladies at Scrapbook Challenges who created beautiful layouts based on my "Floral masculine pages" challenge here .  The winner of the challenge is ANNE from the United Kingdom, who created this amazing layout.  Anne does some really pretty work so I suggest you go & check out her blog!***

Here is Anne's Winning Layout - Congrats Anne!!


This is what I had to say {in the forum} about Anne's winning entry...

Hi again girls :)  Thank you to you ALL for playing along & uploading your BEAUTIFUL layouts here.  I am so impressed that so many of you gave it a go & am proud to announce you ANNE as the winner of this challenge!  I love what you have done here with the masking & misting, your fussy-cut leaves & your eclectic assortment of lovely florally bits around that soft & gentle photo.  I also love your little cluster in the top right of your layout & how your title ties in with the photo & the theme SO WELL!  Most of all I love that you have clustered so many elements around your photo yet you still have lots of "white space" resulting in a totally uncluttered layout - great work!

***The winner of my JULY RAK is AUSSIESCRAPPER!!  That would be MEL in Australia - please would you e mail me with your postal address Mel so that I can get all that boy stash off to you ASAP!!!***






                                                                                                                                                                  





Goodness me girls I have had a time of it lately - actually it's so surreal it's actually quite funny!!!  

Today alone I have had a puncture (before I got where I needed to go!) and dropped my Blackberry in my tea! 

Those are only two of the things that have gone wrong but they are happening on a daily basis!  

Google Chrome is acting VERY strangely. 
I lost a dozen e mails when we had a power outtage. 
My pc keeps freezing/hanging & my entire desktop file of all my DT work due disappeared, never to be found again & I had to redownload it all!

Gosh!!!

So Friday's "double-post day" never materialised - roll on a new bright week - this one is going to be wonderful {the power of positive thought!?!  Doesn't usually work for me but heck I'm outta other options right now!}

I owe everyone comments but have tons to post about so am going to have to get this up before I get to bed (yes it's 2a.m & I need to be up at 7!) so here is my latest layout for INSPIRED BLUEPRINTS due in by the end of the month to be eligible for the sponsored prize.  
I used Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers I bought 6 months ago & had never cut into.  Trying to get my "old" stuff used up so I can justify buying some yummy new July CHA product :)


I love that Inspired Blueprints Sketches allow me to focus on one really good photo as opposed to a whole lot of smaller ones - it works for me as I am trying to cut down on the amount of photos I take so I can realistically scrap them all.


Before I began adhering the papers I dropped some black ink onto the bottom left & top right of my layout & sprayed some green mist at the top too.  If you want to mist or stamp best you think about this FIRST :)


All the embellishments are also from the Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 line but I mixed things up a bit by using my huge flower burst punch & also adding some lime green tissue paper ruffles behind the printed chipboard emblems.  Really like the ooomph this adds.


Also used some faithful Thickers and got out my DYMO at long last!


If you play along at Inspired Blueprints this month remember to TAG YOUR LAYOUT with SKETCH 76 if you use this sketch - the gallery is buzzing right now and there are weekly sketches posted on the blog so tagging helps get your layout into the correct album & makes commenting on your work a lot easier for me LOL! {If I know what sketch you worked off}.  Here is the Ning Gallery link where you need to upload your entry.

Supplies:-

Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers & embellishments -
Printed papers - Ginger, Bette, Borders & Astaire
Ready-Set-Chip Adhesive chipboard
Lime Green tissue paper - stationer
Alphabet Letters - American Crafts Thickers "Sunrise"
Mist - Studio Calico "Mr Huey" Clover {green}
Memories Mists "Diet Cola" {Black}
Martha Stewart large sunburst flower punch

***Colour Combos Galore blog-hop is now closed & I will announce my winner in my next post!***











21 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS to Anne and Mel!!! :):):) Sorry to hear about your bad week... sounds like me and you were both having a rough time this past week.. {{{hugs}}} ... i loveeeeeeeeee your lo! I loveeeeeee that photo, the title and loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):)

Toni Cartwright said...

WOW i love this LO of your CAT!!! Just stunning!!! Those colours are just delightful!!!!
AND CONGRATS to Anne on winning with her Layout and CONGRATS to Mel on winning all of that Rak!!!
Im so Jealous!!!! LOL
Have a great week and i hope it gets better this week for you!!!
TONI
XOXOXOXOXO

Maggie Lamarre said...

Helen
You are my follower #5130 please email me at cuttlebugchallenge@gmail.com.
thanks
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com
Don't forget to join our linking party this week :)

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi my dear and sweet friend!!!!First Congrats to Anne and Mel!!!and I´m so sorry for your bad week...
I´m in love with this LO..so many gorgeus details and the photo is GREAT!!!
I fill so happy to be part in the same team that´s you!!
I just came here to say a great hello my friend and I wish a wonderful week for you!!!!!
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Heather Jacob said...

hello gorgeous girl ... I love your lo ... and especially your cat .. I am such a cat lover ... such delicious gorgeous creatures ... love them all .. take care sweetheart and hope everything is settling down for you .. hugz x

sandi said...

Wow! What a fantastic lo! Love the bold colors, misting, and splatters...and that pic is just adorable...beautiful kitty!

Stefanie said...

I find it interesting that you're cutting back on your photos so you can scrap them all. I still love taking photos but have no intention of printing them all out nor scrapping them all.
Gorgeous photo of your kitty though, great LO.
Now get some sleep woman! You're making then rest of us look bad.

Eila Sandberg said...

Ha ha ha is THAT where you're Blackberry ended up?! sizzling hot after all the texting it needed cooling off! :)) naw, just joking of course. One of those weeks, bugger! and then you created this glorious page on Mr Chives, now that's some serious pick-me-up!! My gosh just look at the magnificent photo of Mr C! you are sooo GOOD with the camera!! can almost hear him thinking. How clever of you to think of these papers, absolutely brill with the pic and the lime ruffles - perfect! Another one of my faves for sure. xoxoxxo

Anne said...

Hi Helen. Oh, thank you so much for your nice comments. Thank you for choosing me !! I feel so honoured to be liked by someone as talented as you !! Yehooo ( that's me doing the happy dance !! ) you can email me at andrew@cockburn.com !! XXX

yyam said...

Love the strong bold colours on your layout! And all the fabulous details! :)

Congrats to your winners Anne and Mel! :)

Positive thinking works for me...hope it does the same for you...

Marina said...

Hi Helen, thanks for droping by my blog. Wow your cat is really adorable! And such a lovely layout to go with it :)

Unknown said...

I hear you with the computer problems, my dear hopefully I will be able to leave a comment here and there, blogger permitting...gosh I so don't like composing a comment just to have blogger declaring me anonymous...Anywhooo I love your choice, the winner LO is fantastic and you sketch interpretantion i amazing, loooove you take, the embellies I even noticed the Dymo before you mentioned it, and the tissue paper ruffle underneth the embellie, just beautiful!

Svjetlana said...

Your LO is fab, love the splattered ink and misting. Sorry to hear that you had a bad week and about your Blackberry; my husband would love that such accident happens to his Blackberry, LOL!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Stunning layout!!! Hope only good things happen this week!!!

Kiki Aposeki said...

Hi sweet Helen!!! Your LO is so beautiful!!! And the cat so cut!!! Have a nice week without problems!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful layout...with all the focus on the gorgeous photo. Love your inking and misting.

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Helen!!
Once again I nearly missed this Post...
I tend to go to the latest post & think that I have commented on that last post!!
But just sometimes I will double check....
Anyway!
That photo of your cat looks Awesome & your have scrapped it Awesomely!!!!
I lOve how you have been doubling up on that Flower punch it give the LO a K POW factor....
Enjoy the rest of your Day........
xx

Diana said...

oh I'm sorry things weren't going well. I hope they have improved! You're amazing to keep on scrapping and blogging through it all.

Pearl said...

that is a darling cat layout ! & o your boy & mine are both 13 this year ! I always say they are still so young at this age - too old for the 11& 12 yr olds but too young to hang ard the 15 year olds and above ! He's always the youngest in our youth church group and definitely feels left out sometimes .

p/s : it is true that Manufacturers' Dts are great to get on - they are the lowest in maintenance ironically .

Mitralee said...

Poor blackberry!!! Love your kitty!!

Jessy Christopher said...

Well prob it's time to switch to iPhone? Lol. Congrats to Anne & sweet Mel! That layout of ur kitty is so special, awesome take on the sketch :)