Saturday, 16 April 2011

Once Upon A Sketch Goes Live with it's Second Sketch Challenge!!!

Yes, it's happened! Once Upon A Sketch has concluded it's first challenge with a record 101 entries!!  I am really loving being on this brand new design team full of enthusiasm & hope for the future.  Our co-ordinator & creator Nadia Cannizzo is one of the most enthusiastic & talented scrapbookers I know & is an organisational whizz!

WOW!!!  That just goes to show that if you run a challenge site properly, secure awesome sponsorship like our sponsorship star Lou Dahlstrom and an awesome list of guest designers like our GCT co-ordinator Irma Peredne, the world is your oyster!!  People love to play for a prize & have their efforts appreciated :)  Well I can assure you that if that is what you are after, not to mention inspiration of course, in the form of Nadia's outstanding sketches, plus a bit of a journaling push too, Once Upon a Sketch is THE place to play!!!

Phew judging all those entries has been a tricky job for us all as there were sooooooooo many entries & numerous stand-out pages too but we are doing the job thoroughly so not rushing to announce a winner until every entry has been properly considered!  If you played along, keep an eye on the blog for the winners (Top SIX) announcements which are sure to come soon enough, poor Nadia is working overtime I'm sure, tallying up all those votes!!

Take a look-see what the design team has done with the sketch (yup that includes me too LOL!) over here

Here is the new sketch & the journaling twist with this project is to WRITE THE REASON YOU CHOSE TO SCRAP THIS/THESE PHOTO/S.

(e.g. to remember this moment, to remember someone, to send a message to someone, because this photo makes you smile, the photo shows a personal achievement, your child's milestone etc. etc. )

Your journalling can be any type i.e. handwritten, printed etc.. and as long as you wish it to be. 

REMEMBER: If you are making a card or altered project you DO NOT need to include the journalling criteria BUT you MUST use a quote somewhere on your card or project.....

****Please understand that these rules are really important to follow if you want to be included in the judging as layouts with quotes only or no journaling at all cannot be included in our selections as it wouldn't be fair to those that followed the rules of the challenge***

Plus, it's fun!  And it's important to work out how to get your journaling looking "good enough" for your layouts, whether that means brushing up on your hand-writing skills, downloading some more fonts or whatever it is...challenge blogs are there to CHALLENGE YOU & that is how you improve your skills so I do hope some of you are up for the challenge!  Yes??  Let me know in the comments section will ya?!

So now its YOUR TURN! You have till April 30th to enter and be in the running for one of the prizes from Scrap Matrix!  who is offering not one but two BIG cash voucher prizes to TWO very lucky/talented peeps this month.

As for me, I am TRYING to get some work done today but fighting tiredness, hubs is back from his business trip so the temptation to take a little break is pretty overwhelming, coupled with the fact that it has been POURING here for hours, which is really unusual for Durban & is having a really bad effect on my appetite -  I am eating like a horse, so at least if I was unconscious I wouldn't be consuming any more calories :)

***I have 3 layouts already ready to share with you next week so keep checking back here as I will get them all up as & when I can ***  Wishing you all a wonderfully restful or productive weekend - depending of course on what it is that you need!  HAPPY WEEKEND CREATIVE PEOPLE :)











7 comments:

Stefanie said...

That was an awesome response.
The winning Lo is beautiful too.
Great to see the world wide participation.
Glad you're a part of this fun team and that we can live vicariously through you.

Bellaidea said...

I saw the winning LO and the rest, great layouts, I`m going to join next one, looks like fun!
Have a nice weekend and visit me if you like doilies, I will have little Easter Giveaway :)

scrapbookertink said...

Helen tks for all the blog love you have just posted, I appreciate it, surprised you have time to do anything with 4 precious ones bad enough with 2 LOL, take care x

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Thanks Helen for your wonderful words . It is easy to be organised when you have a wonderful Design Team ..

Helen Tilbury said...

Hope you 3 play along - believe me when I say we have some awesome sponsorship & good news Nadia re:- another sponsor - will let you know this week!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi Helen..I just love your post!!!
I love once up on sketchi!!!I´m doing my LO!!
Thanks for came to my blog..I just love your words.
Have a nice week!!!
Hugs from Brazil
cynthia

Kylie's Creative Place said...

Hello Helen,
I am new to blogging but loving every minute of it. I also scrapbook which is my passion. I must say your blog is fantastic and very inspirational. Your work is just amazing and beautiful.
I look forward to watching your layouts.
Hugs from Australia
Kylie