Monday, 21 February 2011

FW: How do I love thee? {Let me count the ways} Layout



 I feel really guilty blogging when I've had no time to visit all my bloggy friends & leave some comment love.  Please forgive me!  I am hoping really soon...Hubs is planning an overseas trip so I'm trying to give him some special attention, Reilly has a big birthday coming up really soon {becoming a teenager, though truth be told that happened a while ago...} & of course my photograpy course is rolling full steam ahead & I had to have my second assignment in yesterday, which involved three parts & was pretty intense.
I suddenly realised tonight that I better check the deadline on this one & saw that it had to be in tonight - horrors!  So I had no choice but to photograph it using my flash (cardinal sin!) & need to blog about it NOW so that I can link it up for the challenge over here at City Crafter Challenge Blog.  I combined this colour challenge with a sketch from Creative Scrappers over here.  I created this layout last week when I had a "creative frenzy" evening & got 3 layouts scrapped in 4 hours!
I have Kirsty to thank for directing me here & reminding me about "My Melody" which I used to love when I was little!  I thought the colours would be a bit tricky but you know how I love a colour challenge!  I have Nadia to thank for taking part in this one as she was the guest designer over at Creative Scrappers, so you see, it pays to have friends in high places!
Supplies:- Striped paper - My Mind's Eye "Fine & Dandy" tickled pink.
                 Little Yellow Bicycle yellow embossed & scalloped paper.
                 Photo mat - Jenni Bowlin Studios blue damask wallpaper
                 Yellow Butterflie - Jenni Bowlin Studios
                 Pink chipboard flowers - LSS
                 Blue flocked alphas - Making Memories
                 Grey alphas - Pink Paislee
                 Pink Thickers & blue star - Cear Lizzy for American Crafts.        
 Goodness me isn't this paper just to die for?  Really....I have been saving this for a rainy day!!!

 I have been dying to allow myself the decadence of using an entire pack of JBS butterflies on one layout, like Stefanie Howell so took the opportunity here!
I Just thought up the title as I was scrapping - then got the placement idea when I realised that there were 5 words in the sentence "How do I love thee?" & 5 butterflies - perfect!  So I paired them up.
 I actually used the paper on it's side - because I wanted the spray of flowers to appear in the top left hand corner so had to do it this way - but it doesn't bother me that the feint lines are now running vertically instead of horizontally.

I always have fun with my title work - Thickers are my lifesavers :)  especially the Dear Lizzy ones, they are always so sweet!  Hope you all have a good week & I will visit you all soon!!





15 comments:

Cheryl Nelson said...

LOVE this in EVERY way possible! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Sabrina said...

A very bright and lovely page, Helen!! The yellow certainly woke me up in the office!! :D Take care, there!!

Linda R. said...

What a beautiful LO.. The colors are perfect for our challenge.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is CUTE, FUN, and LOVELY all in one, love all those butterflies and other interesting details, precious photo as well, you did a fabulous job with the colors, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB! Good to see you here!

tania said...

Beautiful layout, you really brought feeling to it all:)
hmmm, so you are getting spoiled again, once hubs returns from his trip;)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Oh Helen. Dont feel bad for not visiting. The truth is that commenting is so time consuming and in an already crazy busy world somethings gotta give. We are always pressed for time so I think everyone understands..
Now..I LOVE this layout...wow..I love the way you spread out the title. That is really effective. And sometimes its ok to use a whole pack of embellies in one layout! LOL..In fact..whatever makes you happy woman. There are no rules. Oh and I have so made that same mistake of leaving the photographing of a layout too late and having to shoot it at night! It does take away from the crispness of it all doesnt it? Yours looks ok though! And your take on the sketch is fab! Glad I was able to motivate you to give it a go...at least I know when I post things on my blog someone is actually listening and I'm not talking to my self..LOL! Have a great day ...

carlies said...

So Beautiful and what pretty paper to.
I luv also the butterflies!!

have great day
~Carla

MARILYN said...

Very PRETTY Page!! I love the tittle!! and the picture!! Don't worry and take it easy!! A Big Hug, my friend!!!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Thanks so much girls! You really make my day when you pop in & leave me some love - even if I haven't managed to make it to your blog! Yes those butterflies & that paper, they are all just so pretty! Yes Tania DH is bringing Lightroom back for me - veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery excited :-D

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous page, Helen, and that paper is amazing! Love all the JB butterflies, and such a sweet photo!

Pearl said...

always nice to see all your kids in one pic ! yummilicious details here , grrll !

J9 said...

Hi there, I noticed you left a comment on Heidi's blog. I don't know if you know but Vicky has heard from her and Heidi and the family are fine.

Lynette said...

You totally made this sketch your own...I love your interpretation.

Doreen Vasquez said...

Hi! Found your blog link over at Sketchy Thursdays!
Your layout is gorgeous!!!! :0)

Keshet said...

This is absolutely stunning. Love the colors!