Sunday 28 November 2010

Where do I Fit In? {SCNTS Week ONE Layout Share}


At last I got some scrapping done!  My daughter has gone away with her girlfriends for a week because she has finished school - wrote her last ever school exam {matric finals} on Thursday, dyed her hair dark purple Kardashian Black & was off like a long-shot!  Now if that was me now I'd need to sleep for a week LOL!

So I did this for a challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges where they have a fun month's challenge going on to find their next top scrapper!  I can't even remember all the details except that you submit on Sunday, they judge on Monday & Tuesday & post the winners on Wednesday.  If you make it through you have another challenge with the finalists & so on, until the last week, so it's a process of elimination.  Sound like fun-  yes?!
Supplies:-Dark brown & craft cardstock - Bazzill, Printed papers x 3My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" & sentiment cards& die-cut, Dear Lizzy for American Crafts "Bloomers" {red rose tape}, Basic Grey "Porcelain" journaling sticker,fleur-de-lis sticker & scallop strip, 7 Gypsies brad, Echo Park "Life is Good" stickers x 3,  Pink Paislee alphas - red, American Crafts Thickers (Question Mark), Making Memories mini-alphas & ribbon, Jenni Bowlin mini-aphas.  Brown & Toffee inks - Colour Box, thread, staples, Picasa

In LOVE with this paper line & didn't order any!!  Stupid right?!?  Just lucky for me I have ways & means of getting hold of stuff here sometimes...and this time I was in luck!  I just didn't realise how nice this paper looks in layouts until it was too late & my order was in without it!  Same with Curio...bummer!!{Still trying to track that one down again now...} Sometimes it's really difficult shopping online instead of in REAL LIFE...

I put my title onto some p/p adhered to a sentiment card that I really liked & wanted to use {drat!} but it just looked SO GOOD on there with the litte glitter/scallop candy stripe strip on top...
I cut the tulle from the edge of the Bloomers & stapled it on, pleated & inked the text p/p then edgestitched.

I computer journaled for a change & it was a challenge working out how to print top to bottom {lanscape} instead of side-to-side {portrait} but I got to the bottom of it & I was very happy with the end result!

LONGEST TITLE EVER HERE! "Where do I fit in? Right in the middle of this Beautiful Happy Family" - that's surely got to be a record right?!

Journaling reads:- "and I am delighted to be there!  You are all I have ever wanted & the answer to my prayers.  Life with the 5 of you is wonderful & I love being totally involved in everything you do.  Being a wife & a mother is an honour & a privilege & there is nothing I would rather be.  Sharing your experiences, photographing your living your lives, documenting your achievements & disappointments & scrapbooking our journey together brings me indescribable joy.  2010"



13 comments:

Brit Sviggum said...

Wow, this is a great layout! Love your colors, and all those great details. And the photos are soooo sweet :)
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) It really warms.
Have a great evening.

Brit Sviggum said...

Hi again :) Forgot to answer your question :) No, my layouts are not digital. I cut out the images :) Thanks again for visiting my blog.

Shayne said...

Love the journaling. Right from the heart. Gorg LO Helen - hope you win something!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a beautiful layout Helen, I love every bit of it, the colors, the little details, and the journaling note, lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Diana said...

Beautiful LO and journaling. Funny as I am right now working on a family collage as first page for the family 2009 album and this is very similar to what I have in mind!
BTW my m-i-l's name is Gloria too. Heeee!!!

Mel said...

Wow, this is super stunning Helen, good luck with the "best scrapbooker elimination comp" you are an awesome scrapper so you will give them a run for their money and I love the journalling and I would struggle with the printer too. lol re: Kardashian Black.......Melxx

Gloria said...

Gorgeous layout, Helen. I really love the design,the photo collage, the soft colors and your journaling is amazing, what a great family you have!!! Thanks for the inspiration, going straight into my inspiration folder!

tania said...

This is defnitely a prizewinning layout!!
love that bloomtape, i am looking allover for that:(
your journaling is special,like it very much!!
enjoy your day and have a "KIT KAT"

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful...you rocked the MME Lost And found, I fell in love with the entire line and ended up buying the Madison Avenue and Union Square line.

I hope you win...you so deserve to.

Alia said...

Great details to look at here! :)

jessica_haley555 said...

This page is stunning!

LG said...

this is beyond words! I love everything on this layout especially how you did those pleating

Pearl said...

truly fabulous details , grrl ! yes this is one classy & classic MME line , glitter & all.

I didnt realise that online shopping is harder these days ? but there oughta be lots of good discounts going on now ? .... hope you can track down that BG Curio line ...that's another good classic one ( try to buy them cheaper ! lol )