Wednesday 4 August 2010

Why I Love Him...


No, it isn't his birthday, just feel really inspired by this & thought it's high time Mr. "I don't publicise my life on the internet" got a little shout out...

I very much believe in "Love at First Sight" because that's just the way it was. Who knew though that that fateful night, on the 5th October 1994 {our real anniversary date IMO} would be just the beginning of a life full of fun, adventure & not a single regret?!

I love him because:-
He used to be immature & now he has grown up - right before my eyes - into the most reponsible provider a family could ever hope for.

He loves Zimbabwe more than me, which is so cute, seeing as he is a Zambian...

He loves watching documentaries & Brideshead Revisited - so boring yet so sweet!!

He excels as a father, despite being a man of few words ;-D

We're like "peas & carrots" - we both have strengths & weaknesses that perfectly compliment each other.

He's unafraid. We've been through some hair-raising times together & he just stands firm. Quite scary actually...

He brings out the best in me & always gives me the benefit of the doubt. He trusts me implicitly.

He still thinks he looks 30 something...

He keeps his family traditions alive & is proud of his heritage.

He's taught us all that chocolate cake just isn't the same without tinned cream.

He aspires to be Sebastian Flight ;-D

He picks up my slack & still thinks I'm the greatest.

He loves fine dining & we've shared some momentous meals out together.

He doesn't let things pass if they need addressing - he's on top of the whole communication thing.

His eyes light up when he talks about his children.

He puts "women & children first" as he always jokes...

He goes along with my plans even when he is sceptical!

He is a fantastic correspondent so has friends all over the world, without being on Facebook, Twitface or anything like that...

He's really, really tall ;-D

He writes me the cutest cards on our special occassions.

And, last but not least, he accepts my all-out scrappy obsession & has never refused me an online shopping spree!

Oh yes, he's a keeper all right...





13 comments:

Stefanie said...

Super post honouring your hubby.
I love reading those.
In that pic though, he does look 30-something!

Ella Swan said...

Admittedly that photo is a couple of years old - but he was 41 there Stef! If it wasn't for the thinning hair he could definitely still pass for in his 30's truth be told - and he is young @ heart too!

Jessy Christopher said...

Your hubby is a good looking man!! Your children are beautiful because they have beautiful genes from you and hubby :) What an awesome post of honoring him and I have to agree that he looks like 30ish in that photo!! Now I Know a lil' more of your special man... LOL!!

Shayne said...

Lovely post Helen - do a sense a scrap page as a jump off from this post?

So blessed us girls are that have snagged 'the keepers'.

And i agree he is def young looking for his age!

Ella Swan said...

Oh girls - you shouldn't have said that! LOL - His ego is going to hit the roof now ;-D Yup Shayne I guess I better do that page hey. He also looks a lot like his dad don't you think? Put that pic up so I can send his dad the link.

Shane said...

Thanks ladies. You are soooo kind!! But the truth is, it's my wonderful wife who looks after me so well. Therein lies the secret to maintaining ones young looks....be advised accordingly!!

tania said...

Awwhh!! now this is sweeet:)
Great post helen, enjoyed reading it!
I must admit, yes he is doing the ageing thing well, you might say, just like red wine,matured VERY well!!lol!!

Andrea said...

he most certainly is a keeper - such a lovely tribute to what sounds like an AMAZING man!
xxx
A

Lynette Jacobs said...

Sweet post and even sweeter comment by him;-D

topkatnz said...

ahhhh, so sweet! strangely enough, I am only just learning to be immature - but plan to stay 30-something forever! ummmmm, what's 'tinned cream?' the varieties of tinned 'cream product' that we can get here, are not anything I would put on a cake!LOL

Ella Swan said...

Heidi, tinned cream here is delicious. Just like real cream but in a tin {like condensed milk} but a bit thicker with a very distinct, but nice flavour! Made by Nestle, who do chockies, etc & lots of delicious foodstuffs. Amazing that you don't get it there. Great with chocolate cake! Like half the stuff I read about on American blogs, have never heard of it...and when you write about lollies, to us they're sweets & to Americans it's candy! Say that here & people will look at you strangely lol...

Pearl said...

oh my ! what an awesome keeper you have , Helen ! & he does look younger than his age! & how trim he is too ! lol very blessed ! ;)

Diana said...

This is wonderful.
Very inspiring. I should do something like this on a layout.
But I don't know who Sebastian Flight is.
My favourite part is that he's unafraid. I love that in a man. Someone needs to not freak out...