Sunday 22 August 2010

Princesses for the Night {Colour Combos Galore}



Is anyone tying out any of the challenges I posted in this post last Monday? If so you may have done this one for Colour Combos Galore. I literally stuck to the pallete without adding much white or any black {as it was in the photos already} or any craft - all 3 of which you are allowed to add - aswell as a smidgeon of another colour if you need to. I didn't.

Lucky I bought some old stock Heidi Swapp pink chipboard alphas a while back, a few packs of them, or I wouldn't have had all the vowels I needed for that looooooooong title. {Why do I like long titles so much?! } Oh I don't know...beats layouts called "Love" or "Memories" anyway ROFL...

The pp is DCWV & the "broderie anglaise" white die-cut is Making Memories "I Do" line. The white velvet flower ribbon is the last of it sadly {Prima} & the yellow scallop ribbon is a cheapie paper one from my LCS. Orange self-adhesive flower from Fiesta felt. White flower Prima. Bling flower from Heidi in NZ I think...and leaves from my LCS {they are readily available here & great for adding a bit more interest to one's flower "arrangements don't you think?!}

I added a snippet of orange ink around the edges just to bring that colour in a teeeeny bit more. This was one of the quickest layouts I've ever done. About 45mins including making all my selections. Think I'll send it off for one of those magazine calls for "quick & easy" - layouts in half-an-hour, etc, etc... Just goes to show you can still make something pretty when you're short of time ;-D




4 comments:

Diana said...

Yes quick and easy can come out looking quite fab, as you've proven here.
I hope Chelsea is appreciating all these LOs!

tania said...

this is a easy, good looking layout, love the softness of the yellow background:)
hope you had a super weekend:)

Kim said...

thanks for visiting my blog, your layout is simply devine, the soft pink and yellow and that daisy punch is just sooo pretty

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow the pink and yellow makes for such a fantastic backdrop to your photos...well done Helen.