Thursday 26 August 2010

Mr. Chubby Fingers {Sketchy Thursdays Layout}



Challenge 8.19 over @ Sketchy Thursdays comin' up below! Need to link up here via Mr. Linky so have to do a post in order to do so...Today is the last day of the challenge & true to form I have left it to the last minute - but, also true to form, I've got it done!!

I had an old photo of Reilly that needed scrapping & against the paper it wasn't looking "enough"...but the sketch I was following {click in to the link above to take a quick peek} was really simple so I didn't want to add any patterned paper behind it.

So I decided to whip out my paints & my l'il roller & give my background a quick "once over rover". Just giving you a quick peek at my desk here for your interest. Yes it is rather messy isn't it? Ooops...But how cool are my new little pink crates? Okay, I digress...

Okay here I am just showing you another sheet of cardstock that I also painted {I did a few actually} 'cos I'm too economical {read 'cheap'!} to wash good paint down the sink so I always wipe my brush clean on some other pages - now pre-painted ;-D

And finally...the layout! For those of you whose eyesight is as poor as mine - the title there is "Mr. Chubby Fingers". Aaaaw...this photo of my Reilly makes me wish he was a "baby" again. He is now a gangly pre-teen & skinny as a rake!

I received my latest order of online goodies last week, including the "to die for" JB butterflies like the one above ;-D And a couple of sweet little MS butterfly punches, as well as the OA label stickers like the one above & those gorgeous Hambly Studio transparency stickers. Swoon...

My backing paper is an old one by Making Memories, the little birdie is Dear Lizzy by American Crafts. The stripey ribbon is On Holiday by Margie {The Girls' Paperie} & the lace ribbon is Webster's Pages. Flower & pebble by Prima of course ;-D

The big red alphas are old school Doodlebug & the colourful mini ones are Making Memories. I needed to keep this one pretty simple in keeping with the challene but couldn't help but add a few pretty bitties. Too girly for a boy's layout? He was only small after all...




11 comments:

Stefanie said...

Interesting the use of the pink butterfly on the boy Lo, but he was small and very sweet.
Where Oh where did you get those delish pink crates?

Lynette Jacobs said...

This layout is absolutely stunning Helen...well done on "an older" photo. Got to love the Dear Lizzy line and that birdy...so sweet.

Ella Swan said...

It does look pink there Stef {night - flash} but is actually red. The crates are from "The Plastic Shop" here - a shop chockerblock FULL of every conceivable plastic storage solution. I have a whole bunch one size down from that that fit perfectly into my narrow drawers beneath my counter & one size up from that inside my bic in my studio. The perfect storage solution - R18 each for that size I think...

Diana said...

Very cute, love all the ribbon and details and the photo is darling!

Shayne said...

Am also loving my JB Butterflies! Am in the process of putting together another order!

Lovely LO - he looks so cute and cuddly there. Sad that they seem to grow up so quickly. I like this LO - simple and striking. Well done.

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Helen I LOVE the paint effect, it looks soft and yet perfect for a boy. Thanks for coming by, and I can well imagine how expensive scrapbooking must be in SA, the shipping must be horrendous !! Singapore used to be like that till a few years ago when the craft took off. Products are so much cheaper now that the LSS I work for are distributors for a whole lot of manufacturers and this helps as they pass the savings from the lower wholesale prices to the customers.

Weekend's almost here, hope you have fun plans ahead !

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a lovely and sweet layout and great technique on the background!

tania said...

what a sweet,stunning,pretty,PERFECT layout helen:) this is beautiful:)

iris said...

I just love the technique you did here Helen! And thank you for thinking of me during the hostage drama here. We were far from the area. A sad tragic event.

Bernadine said...

Love this layout Helen. :)

Ella Swan said...

Wow girls thanks for all the love! Maybe I should stick to simple layouts in the future hey?! This one seems to have been a winner ;-D I think a really cute photo goes a long way to making for a really sweet layout. Hope you are all having a good week! Mine is disastrous so far as my precious computer has given up the ghost & looks like it needs some serious resuscitating or a replacement SOON!! Am working on it though so see y'all again soon I hope...meanwhile keep those scissors busy ;-D