Sunday 29 August 2010

Memories to Last Forever Layout.




Had an unusual weekend this weekend in that I hardly set foot into my studio as I was busy creating more special memories to scrap! Still...I have quite a number of layouts to share from weeks gone by so thought I'd pop this one up quickly.















I am loving this Ning! community as there is such lovely work up in the gallery & creating using a colour scheme is a lot easier than I initially thought! I finally found my lovely bag of goodies won over at Jessy's blog & put some of them to good use here.

Namely, that gorgeous ribbon, length of pearls, pre-punched butterflies, bling rhinestone brads, buttons & original vintage book page. I used old stash for the yellow spotted backing paper & scallop bazzill & added the ticket strip from my offcuts, as well as the punched strip.

That gorgeous red braid above is new Webster's Pages! Yummo!! If you read the smallprint next to the original challenge you'll see that the Designer's Challenge was to create a layout in less than an hour & I did it! I even surprised myself...

That didn't include the supply hunt though, which always takes me a bit of time, so I had everything I intended to use on my desk so it was just a case of cut 'n paste! Think I should try this method again as it sure did get me moving...that's the joy of challenges now isn't it?!

You force yourself to push the envelope & create in unfamiliar ways, and as a result you grow & hopefully blossom! Ticket embellishment Jenni Bowlin. "Memories" pop-up sticker K & Co.

Yikes! I see there that the "to last" stickers need a bit of straightening up there lol...now you can see it really did take me less than an hour ;-D

Those teeny alphas are October Afternoon & a great size - not too big & not too small & the blue plaque under "forever" is a Hambly sticker. L.O.V.E those...{came with my new stash box} I couldn't find any alphas suitable for the "forever" so I wrote it on an offcut piece then cut around it & tombo-ed it on. Blue glitter chipboard piece from Pink Paislee.

And this here collage is just a bonus pic 'cos I was having fun with my focus settings on my camera taking dimension shots of this layout. Okay folks time for me to get to bed!

7 comments:

Diana said...

Great photo and love the LO. Lots of yummy yummy stuff here!

Shayne said...

Pretty LO Helen. It is always nice to have a starting block when scrapping, be it a colour base, sketch or pattern.

Must go and visit this site you mentioned.

Jessy Christopher said...

Whee!! You finally used the small-humble RAK!! I loved how you placed the little details and yes I loved it!! You did an amazing layout using the color palette & don't you just love the butterflies, brad, ribbon and that vintage page? Hehe :) Seriously, I was waiting for this day to come to see how u have used the RAK :)

tania said...

lovely my friend... and congrats to your boy, who did so well in the singing contest:)you can feel soo proud:)
i must head over to this site and join in the challenges, it does make life a lot easier;)
enjoy your evening!xx

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love all the details you put on this layout Helen. Very, very beautiful.

Ella Swan said...

Thanks ladies ;-D Hope you all found the site as I forgot to link it up I think but I do have their badge in my sidebar. Jessy thanks again for the goodies - they really were extra special! My computer has packed in, which is why you haven't seen or heard from me all week lol...just had to get it back to retrieve some info but it is back to the repair shop again tomorrow & won't be back until it is as good as new {or, if I get my way, it WILL be a new one!} Hope you're all having a great week ;-D

Cindy Lee said...

Oh Helen! What a FABULOUS layout you did here! Seriously! There are so many of my favorite things here! I just love it!