Sunday 15 August 2010

Joy of my Heart {Mission to Create}







***BLOGFRIENDS please note my ADSL router is faulty & keeps losing the Internet Connection {driving me craaaaaaaaaaaaazy} so it has taken forever to write this post & include all the links so if I don't get to visit your lovely blogs for a few days you know why - will get it sorted out asap - just started playing up yesterday***

I decided to give my bloggy friend Jessy some support over at Mission to Create & made a page using 3 of this week's concepts - 1} Using the photograph on the left as colour inspiration 2} Using Brads & 3} Stitching a Border.

I'm enjoying working with colour schemes as a starting point over @ Colour Combos Galore & keep meaning to play @ The Colour Room but Friday is a bad day for deadlines for me, which is when TCR is due in so keep missing that one unfortunately.

I used a pale bronze metallic cardstock for the background & teamed it with red bazzill & white Making Memories Die-cut Eyelet I Do paper. The pp & artisan tape is 365degrees by Pink Paislee {crazy about this line right now...} . Glitter alphas also PP. Pearl ribbon & velvet floral ribbon both Prima {to die for...}

This challenge forced me to get my sewing maching back into action since the move & although I was loathe to stitch a border on my layout I was happy in the end with the texture it created {I zig-zagged OVER the artisan tape} & I like how I stopped the tape at the sides without going right to the top & bottom - I think this makes the whole LO look more relaxed/casual.

I embellished with lots of flowers, some of which have BRAD centres {required for the challenge}. Years ago I went "brad mad" so I am always extremely grateful for any challenge requiring the use of brads as I'd like to use them right up lol...

The flowers are a mix of Prima & my LSS/Petaloo Itty Bitties. Leaves are from a local craft shop, as are pearl centres. Gorgeous resin roses are actually buttons from an Hindu Bridal Store {GREAT for finding all sorts of heavily embellished trims, etc}.

And, yes, that's me! With Cami, now 10!! As I mentioned before I am sorting out my old framed photo collection, scrapping the photos & revamping the frames as gifts. Great economy & helps use up your old stash too ;-D






4 comments:

tania said...

oh this is beautiful helen. and i just love your new look of your blog:) i so want to change mine, but am struggling so much.
i like the site of colour room,great inspiration.
you are for sure back in the swing of creating:)

Vicki said...

Your new look blog looks great (usually read via my google reader so don't get to see it). Good for you on scrapping those older photos too.

Diana said...

Love the page--the colour combo, the flowers, the frill... all of it.

Jessy Christopher said...

Awww... You are such a sweetie!! Thanks for the support & you did an awesome job on this. The layout is so beautiful & look at the details. Lots of love & hard work poured into this layout! Love the flower arrangements & the colors are cheery!!