Tuesday 3 August 2010

How to Squeeze 10 Photos onto a Layout! {& more...}



I bought a cutlery drainer the other day but didn't put it by the sink! Cheap as chips at the Crazy Store.

Also got some toothpicks with SA flags on them {see above} to use as embellies for my World Cup pages. Pick 'n Pay of all places!

And these 2 frames for altered art projects {gonna paint that orange one first don't worry}. PnP Hypermarket.

Loving side view shots right now...not to mention those LYB pins!

Have a giant pile of bazzill to conquer so thought I better get crackin'! Cut that Pink Paislee 365 Degree paper into a scallop {thanks to Heidi for the templates she sent me all the way from NZ}.

Getting through my Sassafrass paper since I cut each element out as now using them as embellies! Also using remnants of lace paper here & there too, to finish off the scraps.

Love the Prima pebbles. Pleated in some old AC paper. Inked my Heidi Swapp white chipboard title to match.

Inked in some faux stitching - anyone would think I was drunk at the time looking at this close-up LOL ;-D That purple bit was some packaging about to go in the bin - from the back of a ballpoint pen I think...

Inked the edge in lime green. And how I would live without Picasa Collages I just don't know. Certainly wouldn't manage to fit 10 photos onto a layout any other way!

Now I am off to meet a Zimbabwean friend I haven't seen in years. Being part of the diaspora sucks...my IRL friends live all over the world & are generally technically challenged!




10 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

LOVELY page Helen!! I love the colors too! I think I should try this color combo too. I've been using so much turqoise and pink lately.

Stefanie said...

My punch storage seems so anal compared to yours and Shanye's. Wonder what that says about me? LOL.
Great LO.
You layer so well.

Shayne said...

Vibrant and fun LO Helen.

Love all your purchases - you definately are the bargain queen!

tania said...

great layout helen, love your storage ideas:)and your new profile pickie:)

CathQuillScrap said...

Gorgeous layout... yip Picasa is great for making collages for scrapping. Good use of all your many bits and pieces on your layout too.... love the pleating... gives me an idea how to use some of my less than fav papers.

Jessy Christopher said...

Seriously love the idea of using the drainer as part of ur sb storage!! I prob need tons of them. Lol!! Pretty collage of the photos!! What a fun & cheery layout. I like the colors & the lil details :)

Ella Swan said...

Hee hee thanks girls - my kids always say things like "We don't need another drainer!" then pause & think & say "Oooooooooooooh, okay, you're gonna use that in your scraproom hey mum?!" Stef I NEED to see this anal punch storage you talk of LOL! Hope you're all enjoying your week - I am fighting the flu & think I may be losing! Lucky I have some posts already prepared in my drafts...

Andrea said...

lovely layout, I like them with lots of photos!
xxx
A

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love the idea of the cutlery drainer for your tools. You sure are the scrap bargain queen and you obviously look at everything with a scrapper's eye.

Great layout Helen.

Diana said...

You are rocking it with this LO. Simply fab. Love it.
And love all the goodies too.
Your blog posts are brimming with brio!