Saturday 7 August 2010

Cute Couple! {A layout using lots of mists}



I've decided to join some online scrapbooking communities & see how I enjoy it. Sketch Inspirations looks like it's a popular one & has prizes every week too so I thought I would join up on their ning site & give their sketches a go when I can. So here is Sketch #135 just uploaded into their gallery now as it's due in today.

Originally I was thinking of scrapping these photos onto white bazzill with some bright misting then I discovered this Heidi Swapp Classic Vintage Invisibles cardstock in the white pile & decided to be brave like Pearl & break out the mists again! 5 mists in all & some bronzing powder from my make-up!

After spraying the mists I used a paintbrush with a tiny amount of water to blend the colours together then I added the bronzing powder in the same way. I backed onto black cardstock which helped to keep the paper flat. Avoid overspraying/wetting or the cardstock will warp slightly. The Invisibles paper resists the inks.

American Crafts Jewellery Box Thickers. Maya Road pins. The hearts I cut from a Mr. Price Home gift bag bought especially & I now have a whole little bag of them. Backed them onto black cardstock then raised them with 3D tape then glazed them with dimensional glaze for a nice sheen.

The sketch had some scalloping along the top so I decided to use some of my Prima packaging instead.

I used a Basic Grey offcut to ground the photos, cut with my new Fiskars heart/scroll punch & inked with bronze. Then I layed a transparency over the top of it {from an image I found on the internet & printed onto transparency film myself}. Added some bling for the birdies' eyes to tie in with the blue pins.

Used up some old letter stickers here & had to make the A's out of 4s but had you fooled didn't I?! Also made the E out of 2 Fs. You can get away with it with alphas that are very "casual" like these. The little bling flower design underneath is some "body bling" I bought locally, to stick on my scrapbook pages of course! ;-D



11 comments:

Andrea said...

Fantastic!

Susanne said...

Hi there, Stunning layout. It can't help but good look with makeup on it, right? It's great that you shared all the details on how you did it. I just popped over from Sketch Inspirations, I look forward to seeing more of your work in that gallery.

Bernadine said...

Lovely layout. I so want to learn how to use glimmer mist!!!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks y'all. Bernie there's nothing to learn really - you'd pick it up in no time - you just cant be heavy handed & you need to get the angle right so it kinda skims the surface rather than splats on or it blobs. Also a good idea to do it in a scrapbooking kit box {or any 12inch or so box} or lay some plastic bags above it so you don't cover everything else in the stuff ;-D

tania said...

beautiful helen, i was wondering when we were going to see the photos of the matric dance:)
love your misting:)

topkatnz said...

Now those 4's do look good as A's. Glad you're using up that Glimmer-mist.

Cindy Lee said...

Oh gosh!! This is awesome Helen! I really want to try this on my own! What a great use your bronzing powder huh! Who knew we could turn cosmetic into arts :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow! That is amazing...if you think you started off with all white. Love the use of the Prima packaging...it always seems to pretty to chuck!

Jessy Christopher said...

This is an amazing layout!! It's always good to find something new to play with eh! You make the cute couples look so good in this layout. Love the heart :)

Ella Swan said...

Thanks very much! Yes that Invisibles paper sure is fun to play with & mists make the whole painting thing so easy! And I often chalk in a bit of my make-up here & there if I'm out of a colour & seems to work lol...

Diana said...

Beautiful layout.
I haven't yet caught up on all your posts yet, but you seem to be enjoying your scrapping a lot, you seem like you're in a "free spirit" mode -- it's wonderful, very inspiring.
So is this "the one" she's in love with? They make a lovely couple.