Tuesday 24 August 2010

Calorie Free Cupcakes {& an important notice if my blog is in your GR}





I thought that might get your attention! Well I HAD to do something...

I wasn't going to post today...weather is grotty...rainy & miserable...I am waiting for payday before I can go out & treat myself to a new handbag {want something bright & floral for summer ...haha...summer???} & really, I am just tired of freezing my butt off in this computer chair so I thought I'd rather just scrap this morning to try to keep myself warm. Well, pc on one side of the room & scrappy desk on the other {okay, it IS a little room & there is just shy of a metre between the two} means that coming in here I can't resist the urge to switch my computer on & taking a quick peek at what everyone else has been up to lately!

So I'm cruising along visiting all my favourite places when I come across this - c'mon, click it NOW - then you'll understand my title - calorie-free cupcakes ;-D This girl is one sweet lady & I love popping in on her to see what little treat she has in store for me every few days. As you know I'm not big into cardmaking or off-the-page stuff 'cos with 4 kiddies to scrap I am ALWAYS behind on my albums, so kinda feel like it would be a luxury "I can't afford" to play about making other stuff. So for me to follow a card/crafty blog you know it must be GOOD! Scroll down & take a lookie at some more of Cindy's wonderful work. This girl should publish a book on card-making IMO - her cards are so pretty & uncomplicated in such a fresh & modern style - and to tell you a little secret, I have a file 'specially for her on my desktop, containing many of her cute card images for WHEN I get around to making some of those cards myself LOL...

*** Need to announce that I am going to start working "behind the scenes" on my blog in order to tag my posts correctly so that they will show up automatically in my new PAGES tabs I've created at the top of my blog {just under my header}*** This could mean that, if you follow my blog via a GR, all my OLD posts will show up again!
Sorry to inconvenience you but dunno how else to do it SO if you see a post with a really old date - j.u.s.t p.r.e.s.s. d.e.l.e.t.e.

I came across the PAGES function quite by chance recently, when nosying around "Kevin & Amanda's" blog & they had a link to a tutorial on it. It's not working completely properly though as only 7 of the 10 page tabs are showing - CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH HOW TO GET THEM ALL TO SHOW UP???

Anyways, I have to EDIT all my posts - yup - it's gonna take a while LOL - and give them the correct LABELS in the label bar at the bottom of the post-preview box {where I'm typing right now} as even my labels down my sidebar are up the pole. You see, when I started "labelling" I had no idea why I was doing it or how it worked - but now {at last!!!} I do, so I need to get my labels narrowed down & everything labelled correctly.

This could mean that old posts of mine are going to be showing up in your Google Readers for months - with 683 posts to label I reckon it's gonna take me 'til year end at least...CALL ME NUTS!!!




8 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh wow, that's alot of post to label!! Hope you'll get to sort out the labels soon. Never like house keeping. LOL!! Yup, Cindy is one FAB cardmaker and she is always full of ideas!

tania said...

ag nee!! you have to much patience dear, and for those buttons, No, when coming to things like that, I normally would ask YOU!!lol!!
thanks for the inspiration and cupcake share:)
enjoy your day, summer is near:)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Good luck my friend...just thinking of doing such a major change on my blog makes me tired;-D

Shayne said...

It exhausts me to even think about adding so many pages to my blog! Far too complicated.

Hope the weather fixes itself soon - we have a bitterly cold wind blowing so there must be snow somewhere. Another excuse to make yummy stews!

BTW i received my order from 2Peas today - and didn't have to pay anything at the post office. So quite chuffed with my purchases and the economy of the parcel etc.

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls! Well done Shayne - got mine yesterday & also nothing to pay - and mine was a big box! Definitely the WTG!!! The bloggy housekeeping is necessary if I want to reduce the amount of labels in my sidebar to a workable amount & not lose all my old content in the archives - then when I am looking for something {and hopefully anyone else for that matter} it will be easy to find. I am in no rush to do it but little by little I'll get there ;-D

topkatnz said...

I'd rather have 'real' cupcakes...

Ella Swan said...

Heidi you crack me up...

Pearl said...

love the calorie free cupcake idea ! such a simple yet effective gift wrap for sure !!!

& thanks for the tut by Jessy ! love the stamping on the ribbon after the coloring part !!!