Friday 13 August 2010

Blooming Gorgeous Ella Layout



Howdy, y'all blog people! Just posting this layout now to link up to the Ella Publishing Blog here, as it's due in today. Did anyone else manage to get it done? I told y'all about it in Monday's "Challenge" post remember?! Anyways...

Another one for my daughter's graduation album, yup, I've ordered a WHOLE ALBUM just for these photos because I'm enjoying scrapping them so much! These photographs aren't the best 'cos I've just taken them RIGHT NOW, in the middle of the night {no flash mind...} to get my entry in on time...aaaahhhhh...dedication to my craft I tell ya...


So the challenge was about laying a foundation for your page using paint. I started with green, orange & red paint that I "dry-brushed" across the central section of my page, then I couldn't resist spritzing a bit of Maya Mist in Sunflower Yellow! But not before laying down a Heidi Swapp "carefree" mask. Remember I told you a while back that yellow was gonna be my colour this year?! Well that's certainly ringing true!

I used my remaining Dear Lizzy Thickers plus some Sassafras Sunshine Lollipop cardstock alphas. Some Ittibit blooms from Petaloo & some butterfly & leaf embellishments from my local craft shop, then some doodling by moi, with my favourite Creative Memories fineliner pens!

The main flower embellishment is locally bought & the other chipboard flowers & bird are American Crafts, the 2 brads are K & Co. And that's it folks! A good solution for if you ever run out of patterned paper, or just feel like breaking out the art supplies & havin' some fun ;-D

Wishing all of you out there a happy weekend full of creative therapy!





8 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

Your daugther is beautiful! The same goes for your layout!

Andrea said...

Stunning - love the colours!

CathQuillScrap said...

Very nicely done Helen

tania said...

Beautiful layout, what did you do on the backround? like the colour of it:)
lovely photos.

Diana said...

Gorgeous layout.
Hi there! I'm back in blogland. Trying to catch up on all the posts I've missed over the past 6 weeks...

topkatnz said...

Great misting! well done. Fab vibrant colours.

Ella Swan said...

Oooh thanks! It was fun!! Tania I gave full instructions in the text for you if you ever want to try it out ;-DI

Pearl said...

what happy colors here , Helen ! love what you did in the background !