Wednesday 3 March 2010

The Interior




Without a wide-angle lens you do know it's impossible to take a decent photo inside a house right?! So only 5 pics worth sharing okay??

Our passage looking down from Reilly & Cami's bedroom towards the kids' bathroom, with Jack's door off to the left, followed by ours & the dining room off to the right, followed by the kitchen. The oregon pine floors are traditional to Durban & I love them. I also like how the door to the dining-room is actually a door space without a door & how it is sealed off with metal strips to keep the plaster edges from being bumped & chipped, or getting dirty - clever idea!

The shallow steps down to the main bedroom...lovely real wool carpeting.

The main bedroom with the previous owner's decor. Not how ours will look at all. We are going all white with vintage chests of drawers {not identical but similar} instead of pedestals {at each side of our bed} whitewashed...

Our fitted cupboards...oooooooooh...I think I actually squealed when I first laid eyes on all this storage space!

Chelsea's studio bedroom upstairs, again with the previous owner's furniture, but so light & airy for her & of course she gets the best view! The metal bar you see is on top of the wall above the stairs leading to her bedroom. The stairwell divides the room in 2 - kinda - like a U shape - so I took this photo from the OTHER side of the room where her bed will be. The wall you are looking at is going to have fitted cupboards right across the entire length.

Which reminds me, I am due to meet the fitters at the house in 40, so must hop in the shower!






10 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Absolutely gorgeous you must be sooo excited. When do you move in ?

somebody who needs to love herself said...

ohhh your how is beautiful Helen! fantastic. hope you will have many happy years in it.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I can sense your excitement:)

Stefanie said...

It is beautiful.
I am sure you can't wait now.

tania said...

stunning helen, love those cupboards.

Bernadine said...

Lovely home Helen. I can't wait to see the pic's with your touches to it once you have moved in. I to have a white room - well bed linen that is and I would not swop it for the world. :)

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls! Jenny transfer is due in 10 days but have just heard that there has been a fire in the rates office so it will be delayed due to the backlog - grrrr! We were hoping to move during the April school holidays {end March} but have also just discovered that Shane's parents are visiting for that short week from CT so we'll have to see them daily & won't be able to move then either! Fortunately {I suppose} our lease here expires 10May so we have time if we need it. Our seller is a new widow & is encountering delays on HER purchase so wanting to stay on a couple of weeks beyond the transfer! So no quick answer here Jenny but once transfer is through we will have unlimited access so I can get started on the work I have mapped out to do. As long as I get that all finished before end April I'm happy - don't want to move in & have workers all around - that would be too chaotic for me! Bernie I've wanted a white room for many years but with 4 babies it was never practical. Now with my last "baby" nearly 10 I better go for it before I have grandkids lol!

Michelle Ramsay said...

Stunning, I can't wait to see it with your decor. Really sounds so exciting and hopefully there will be no further glitches.

topkatnz said...

Looks so light and airy - more so when you get your own decor choices in there - just lovely.

Desire Fourie said...

Loving the birds eye view/tour of your house which is so warm and loving.
Hugs
Desire