Tuesday 26 January 2010

Journaling Junkie mid December 2009 {Challenge 71} Layout



I think I'm right in saying that I haven't "published" any of my Journaling Junkie layouts since around May of last year - which would make me a good 6 months behind on that one! Hmmm...can't say why really...I hate to think of myself as disorganised so let's call it time-strapped rather shall we?! As I can't show you anything new at the moment as this *&@^#%$ computer has turned adolescent on me, I'll use the opportunity to play a bit of catch up with what I have loaded already ;-D

You can hop over to the Journaling Junkie blog to read about the challenge here. I used product mostly from my Cocoa Daisy November 2009 kit "Autumn Glow" that you can find here. The beautiful K & Co. Que Sera Sera Stitched adornments & Prima bling centres all came from this amazing add-on kit "Pumpkin Latte"! I went so crazy for this kit range that I also got myself the "Spiced Cider" add-on too - full of K & Co. {one of my vintage faves}, Cosmo Cricket Earth Love& K I Memories glittered goodness!!!

I mixed Pink Paislee & Making Memories alphas & the green Prima packaging as my journaling block {btw I LOVE how almost EVERYONE has used that green packaging on their layouts recently} - I bet Prima are mystified...it's just so appealing that I remember using it on other layouts well before I saw it on anyone else's layouts on the internet - looks like we all had the same idea at the same time - amazing really!

That gorgeous gathered velvet ribbon is from Maya Road.

I actually clear-stickled that whole torn strip down the side there but it doesn't twinkle in the photo...sigh...;-(

Just in case you didn't see the "journey" sentiment on the stitched tag the title is:- JOURNEY TO CHRISTMAS 2009 & the journaling reads:- I do my best to trim the tree & decorate our home as early in December as possible even tho' the kids are still in school. Chelsea is not a very willing helper but does a great job nonetheless & dear Cami gets absolutely giddy with excitement!



7 comments:

somebody who needs to love herself said...

helen!!! I love this LO.

love the journaling part

love the k&co tag and love the bling u put in the center of number zero

love the velvety thingy too :) huhuhu


err I got a confession too..I love looking at my papers and go ohh ahh..sighh. buying sure is the fun part of scrapping to me.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Helen, this is gorgeous. Love the colours and its a great design too. Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday.
Hugs
Desire

Pearl said...

loving the details here , Helen ! especially the adorable ornaments ! lucky you shopping your heart at 2Peas ! lol is the shipping fast enough for you ? just wondering I no longer buy online these days .

Lynette Jacobs said...

Hey people....Helen's back!!!!!

Great layout Helen:)

Jessy Christopher said...

It's never too late to post layouts dear. I love that layout & the colors are just so amazing!! Great way of using the green
prima packaging as ur journaling tag. Yeah u r right, many especially prima fans have been using them on layouts :)

Bernadine said...

Love the layout Helen. Glad you are taking time out to be good to Helen. :)

Ella Swan said...

Thanks ladies! Yes that sure is yummy stash there isn't it...Pearl I can't remember if I answered your question about shipping from US to here - it is roughly a month so quite long but very little choice here & nothing new so the best way to go about it!