Friday 11 December 2009

Festive Evidence!



Wrapping gifts is a tedious task! I make work for myself by wrapping all "Santa's" stocking-fillers too!! It draws the excitement out so much more if the kids have to unwrap each individual gift as opposed to just tipping everything out onto the floor. But boy does it take time...my scrapping time unfortunately...but the good news it is almost done! I have made some time to edit my Christmas photos & create some collages though - all ready to scrap!

TOP LEFT:- Our dining-room dresser with wooden sign "Blessings - Count them" bought at C.U.M. Bookshop - I love the sentiment but hate the colour & can't wait to repaint it. TOP RIGHT:- Our Christmas paper serviettes - retro cool, in sisal holder. BOTTOM LEFT:- Our dining-room server - "Faith" sentiment from Home, etc - Gateway. BOTTOM RIGHT:- Overall view of our dining-room.

Above:- Close-ups of our server {the angel is musical - turn the base & it sings "Silent Night as it rotates -bought it at CNA Fourways Centre on sale last January}.

Top Left:- Our counter (dividing the dining-room from the lounge). I found the "Santa Claus" runner at the Hypermarket for only R60. Top Right:- Our table decor {2 x gold Christmas trees with pearl embellishments & a candle centrepiece on top of my new Tall Trees trivet}.

Close-ups of the runner & counter decorations. Lots of candles, lanterns & tealight holders.

Bauble Mania! We own far too many Christmas Decorations. I am a sucker for them & add on each year. This year I decided to keep the baubles off the tree & rather add them to my glass plate & put them inside my glass fishbowl vase. Much more effective & the Christmas tree looks slicker as a result too...

TOP LEFT:- I love the smell of Vanilla candles so have a few of them in my dining-room. I'm not buying new ones for Christmas so they need to fit in with my festive decor too. I can't find any nice candle-surrounds so made my own using a small gold wreath I bought last December at @Home. I placed it on a large trivet & wrapped a string of small Christmas beads around the base, cut to size & joined the ends together using a glue gun. I placed the candle on a green glass candle base-plate from Mr. Price then added another string of gold beads around the candle {which I will remove before lighting}.


I love the "depth of field" photos I took while Jack & Reilly were admiring the Christmas tree! Top Right:- Cami insists on adding her Father Christmas snow-dome to the mix every Christmas! The gold angels in the same photo have spiral halos because they are place setters & you insert the name cards into the spirals. Bottom Left:- The top of our small Christmas tree.

What does your home look like this festive season? If you have posted any photos to your blog I'd love to take a look! Christmas decorations are such fun - I only wish we could enjoy them for longer than a month a year!!



12 comments:

topkatnz said...

well you are super-organised and I am super-impressed! ... if you want to imagine what my house looks like this festive season, just refer to the photos I sent you earlier!heehee

tania said...

please believe me, when i tell you that i have NO decorations up yet!! i usually start middle december.my house a bit small, then it is too full for too long!

Diana said...

Such festive photos. You'll make some lovely LOs with these, I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Hey my location is showing up as where I actually am, instead of Miami Florida... .

tania said...

ag nee!! hit the post button to quick, anyway, yours are looking great!! you sure are in the festive mood:)that runner is very pretty! it is a pitty that we take so long to decorate and organise and then when you blink a eye, the season is gone!

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh Helen!! How I love all ur Christmas decorations!! The way u explained every photo as if I am at ur hse looking at them... Literally. Everything is so well planned & organized. Well we only have Christmas tree & wreath. Wish to have more but I guess it won't be a teriffic idea with the furkids around. Lol!! I am happy that the Christmas is still in one piece as of today. Lol :) u have a great day sweetie!

Stefanie said...

Lovely post.
I so enjoyed taking that tour through your living areas.
Looks great...I will have to get started soon.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...Helen your home looks so festive...can I come:)

Shayne said...

How gorgeous it all looks. I haven't even started on ours yet as I must have both kids here and so far this hols it hasn't happened!

I'm off to Look at Home Etc and CUM for those lovely words.

Thanks for the peek!

Mel said...

Ooooh. looks lovely, warm and inviting. my home is decorated too. But by an 8,5, and 3 yr old! And I refuse to mess with their arrangements because they are so proud of it!

Ella Swan said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for the lovely comments ;-D I have just got back from an awesome week away so hope to check up on da blogs & do another post soon.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, your home is truly a festive haven. Loving all the gorgeous festive touches. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season.
Hugs
Desire

somebody who needs to love herself said...

Dear Helen..wishing your a fantastic time for the upcoming festive season. enjoy yourself. Lots of love to you and your lovely family.