Sunday, 24 May 2009
I took this idea from Tricia's blog. She is the owner of Cocoa Daisy & a very talented & multi-faceted woman. Here goes with my list...
Today I am grateful for
1. Tricia. I love her product & I really enjoy her blog too.
2. All my bloggy friends. I really enjoy my new bloggy lifestyle & at one stage it was just a dream but now I've made it happen.
3. My husband. Corny as it sounds I so darn love that man! He is almost perfect... (I say almost because of course we have the odd difference of opinion & he would only be perfect if he agreed with ME on everything,LOL ;-D)
4. Feta & olives. My fridge is never without them now. Up until I moved here from Zimbabwe 3 years ago I only got to eat them for a few short weeks a year, when we came on holiday here & I vowed that when we moved here my fridge would NEVER be without them.
5. The scrapbook albums I have thus far completed of my life & my family. When we stop to look at them we have so many feel-good moments & laughs...
6. My medical aid & the fact that I can afford to be on such a good one. Between the 6 of us we run up some pretty hefty medical bills & without it we'd be sicker!
7. For the practically perfect weather we are having right now.
8. That I can afford new clothes when I need them, even though I choose to have a pretty minimal wardrobe.
9. That I have the luxury of a full-time house-helper. That in itself is a huge blessing - not to mention the fact that she is as honest as the days are long & kind to the kids to boot.
10. That my children have no major hang-ups, thanks to the fact that Shane & I have managed to give them as carefree a childhood as is possible in our Zimbabwean/South African environ ment.
11. For the fantastic foot massages that Reilly is giving me often right now - they are helping me SOOOOOOOOO much!!!
12. For finding Barbs again (Facebook is good for something...) - I have so loved being back in touch with her.
13. For Freckles, who has showed me that some dogs are nice. (Not a major dog fan...)
14. For the perfect, comfortable yet beautiful shoes that I finally found yesterday.
15. For the wonders of technology - having just come off the phone to Dubai.
16. For my courage. I've needed it over the years & it's a trait so many people don't have.
17. For inspirational people like Susan Boyle & Taylor Swift. They keep my dreams alive.
18. For like-minded people & the enthusiasm that breeds when we're together. LOVE that!!!
19. For my 2 cats & the enjoyment we all get from cuddling them & playing with them daily.
20. For the work ethic my father instilled in me & my ability to keep going.
So often we complain about what we DON'T have or what we DO have that we could live without (aches & pains, etc) but how often do we count our blessings? It's such a simple thing to do & an instant uplifter. What are YOU grateful for today?