Wednesday 4 March 2009

Photo Challenge & Missing my boy...


Further to my explanation below (you gotta jump around in this post...) this is a (still) unscrapped photo of Cami in one of her favourite possies. On her bed with her mini-DVD-player...watching her flavour of the month...was Garfield 2 (A tale of 2 kitties) then...now it's that squirrel/chipmunk thing...the name escapes me...just checked...Alvin & the Chipmunks. It was TOO cute. She has her snack plate there with her crackers on. She lives on Salticrax crackers, with nothing on them. It's from my 2008 folder.


I found this quote on Wilna's blog. The hyper-link is correct so I'm not to blame if you don't go through. For some reason I always have problems connecting to her blog & can sometimes wait an age...think it may have something to do with all her customizations...anyway, the trip is certainly worthwhile. One of my favourite blogs.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

How's that for a cool quote??? This guy does it for me every time. I've even bought a few of his books online. Was sad to discover that he was an atheist. He seemed to understand life so well yet never knew the true meaning of his existence...sad...

Anyhooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Moving on...
I've been tagged by Cindy in Australia to choose the 3rd photo in the 3rd file on my pc (to tie in with C - the first letter of her name) so here it is. Am actually busy everyday trying to make some sense of my photo files as they are in a rather random mess...

So that is the photo at the top! Tried to move it down here but Blogger is not playing ball...if anyone else has the same problem I would be grateful for a little tutorial. If I don't load my pics on first, & only think of it after I have already written some text, then I find I can't move the photo down without the text disappearing & I can't cut & paste the text above the photo 'cos the photo won't move...(can't get the cursor above the photo).

I am dying to share my 2 DT layouts with you but am waiting for them to go up on the blogs before I can do that, so you'll just have to remain in suspense...

For now - I need to tag 5 peeps to do the photo-challenge, only this time you need to find a photo in your 8th file (H being the first letter of my name & the 8th letter in the alphabet) so, just to keep you all busy,lol,this one's for you...

Stefanie

Sophia

Michelle

Mette

Shayne


BTW no pressure here & no offence taken if you don't play along...I don't always have the time myself but one good spin-off is you do get people who wouldn't normally look at your blg, checking it out, from all the hyper-linking, so is a good way to get your blog "out there"...

My eldest boy...we call him "boy" as a nick-name...weird huh? has left for a 3 day school camp today. He is going to have fun. Me I am not having fun. I am envisaging every awful thing that could possibly happen to him. I am lovingly caressing his school blazer. I am sad. Both in the true & the slang sense of the word...Worst of all his voice is breaking & he may come back a man!!!


9 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

LOL we also call our eldest son "boy" & he is 25 !!! Your son will be fine & enjoy the time with the rest - how you spread yourself so thin I am not sure.Am waiting in anticipation of your latest l/o. Love the relaxed photo thats what i enjoy in life - real pics.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Imagine that - your "boy" leaves home and comes back a man!! I know the feeling. I was lucky Grant's (my son) voice didn't go all squeaky, just got very deep all of a sudden.

I will do your challenge - I am intrested to see what photo that will be!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am a great quote collector and Emerson is one of my favourite!

Jessica said...

What a great picture :)

In blogger, I use my arrows to move to the left of the inserted photo. It doesn't appear, but I know it's there. Then I press ENTER a few times. The photo moves down and I can insert text ... I hope that helps!

Jacqui said...

Love that pic of Cami, it really shows her exactly how she is. She is even curled up like her cat! I know how you feel about your precious "boy" being away as mine was away last weekend and it was awfully quiet in our house cos we all missed him so much.

Sophia said...

Will take you up on your challenge soon...thanks!

topkatnz said...

'I am lovingly caressing his school blazer'!!!ROFL!! ... yes, girl... you are Sad!!!LOL

Desire Fourie said...

Mmm ... a diet of salticrax ... no thanks I think I will give it a miss ... it would have been a different story if it was chocolates! Hope your boy is back home safe soon and has just stayed a boy for a little longer. Hugs from Desire

Cindy said...

thanks for having a go at the challenge, even though blogger is not happy. Cute and very pink photo.