Monday 9 February 2009

Short & Sweet Today

Hubby's birthday today so am feeling rather chilled...This is a GOOD sign as you know I have been a bit wound up lately. Mr IT came & installed the RAM when I was out. Haven't tried Picasa yet so here's hoping...Landlord has agreed to us doing the work ourselves (who wouldn't???!!!) but at least we will get it done & he will get the supplies. So Saturday is painting day, yay!

Yesterday I finished dh's mini-album & it turned out lovely. I bought the album from an online store here - a Chatterbox Eclectique Mini Album Kit - it was expensive but came with ribbon & chipboard embellishments & lots & lots of pages (about 20) & a big joining ring. I used the ribbon for tying around the ring (love that...) & used most of the chipboard embellishments, although some were a bit strange (expressions like Born to Fly ? I mean, who could use that???)

The front & back covers were printed & embossed so already looked finished but I added some goodies & varnished over them to make them a bit more hard-wearing. The inner pages were thick, double sided cardstock, yellow on the front & blue on the back, so I didn't have to cover endless chipboard pages. I will post some photos to my blog asap...Right now I am hopping into the shower. Today is SWELTERING & I have a date tonight...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your date! ;-)
And - if your husband was a pilot, then maybe "born to fly" would be appropriate. Or he might be a bird, I guess! x

Desire Fourie said...

I see you are also making progress with DIY around the home. Trust the painting will soon be a thing of past and be admired and enjoyed by all living around it. Can't wait to see the mini album. Hugs from Desire

Mieke said...

Hope you have a wonderful evening. Congrats!

Hugs,
Mieke

Michelle Ramsay said...

Happy painting and hope you had a good evening wih Hubby.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your album.