Sunday 8 February 2009

My Journaling Junkie February Submission


As I'm sure you'll remember I was recently appointed to the Design Team at Journaling Junkie. Here is my first submission as part of their team. I have done one other layout, that you can find in a previous recent post & on their blog, as a Reader's Challenge, but this is my first submission as part of their DT.




I chose a letter format as a simple way to kick-start those loving thoughts, making for easy jornaling for anyone, even those of you who aren't too keen on laying your souls bare on your pages. I think the paper was a selection from Dream Street, double-sided & I used various bits as it is a very versatile range that lends itself to cutting into shapes & tearing.


As Reilly's personality is messy,messy,messy I wanted to convey this on my page to him, so I scrunched & inked quite a bit of my layout as it suits his laid back, untidy (!) nature. I noticed, to my horror, that on the close-up above the hydraengea epoxy disk had slipped from it's place, slightly higher up as it was covering the base of the little flower I cut out, so please forgive me, I haven't got time to photograph it again right now!


The note was literally written on the spiral-bound notebook that lives in my handbag. Torn out, scrunched up, then inked. It reminds me of the condition I usually find his school notices in at the bottom of his schoolbag, only I have spared you the crumbs & food stains,lol! In his defence the poor boy is dyspraxic so has the co-ords of an ox...The word strip is from one of those 7 Gypsies sticker sheets. I always have several in my stash as they seem to come in very handy.


I did some doodling at the bottom left & added a rub-on here & there & loved using my newish Making Memories Jelly alphas. So there you go, another one down, now I'm off to finish dh's birthday present as time is seriously running out for me...it's tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

{Candice} said...

What a gorgeous layout Helen!
I love all the meaningful details you've included :o)
You also have fabulous handwriting.

Desire Fourie said...

What a gorgeous layout with so many thought through details. Love how you personalise your creations. Hugs from Desire

Jessica said...

great layout :) Congrats again on the DT and have a great date tonight!