More to come later this week!
I'm on a mission to do what I can to make a dent in my printed paper & cardstock stash, aswell as to use up at least one (!) box of my offcuts this year ;-)
This creamy yellow checked printed paper I've had for years & the mustard cardstock strip, plus the blue strip are all from my offcuts. The shiny circles are newish but these pieces are offcuts from a layout I did last week, that I haven't photographed yet. The red dot paper behind the circles also came from my offcut stash. I cut around the circle design, before matting it with the dot, then I punched out the circles from the glitter circles paper & punched out the bigger dotty circles with my larger circle punch to matt them. I bumped these up with foamcore for a 3D effect.
I know matting so close to the photo is old-fashioned, but at times it does help to "pop" the photo from the background, as in this case! I used up a lot of my flower stash (that being the idea...) including the large felt "Fiesta" self-stick flower on the corner - that I recoloured from white to pink with an ink pad.
This was a quick layout - real "cut & stick" style, but I am realistic enough not to worry if every layout isn't a "masterpiece". One day last week I ploughed through 5 layouts, this being one of them. With my lifestyle it's not always possible to scrap every single day, so ,on other days, I have a "spurt" & try & pump out more than a few...to make up for lost time!
In this close-up you can see that I printed some text ("Sisters") on the photo in Picasa (my love/hate program,lol!) Obviously it's no PSE but, until I've got the time to get to grips with that program, at least Picasa offers various style & colour options. I used a bling sticker to dot the i (over the text) just for fun ;-)
I like it, I think it turned out pretty...
A foolproof method really, just offset the photo at an angle & embellish away!
The plain cardstock at the bottom "grounds" the layout & provides a good place for the title.
As there was a quote beneath the "Friendship" title I didn't feel any extra journalling was necessary.
As for the layout below, I bought this paper online & on sale...
I've noticed this type of background around a lot lately, being created with paint (the messy frame around the edge) then usually stitched on top or with a thinner line drawn on top with a fineliner pen. So I reckon finding this paper was a bonus! Think it is an older 7 Gypsies one...This is a photo of Chelsea & one of her school friends. The spotted paper was from my offcuts & I distressed it with my MM Distressing tool then "waxed" it (learnt this little trick from Cindy-see her lovely work here) What you do is stick down some gummy sticky tape (the stickier the better) around the edge, then rip it off!!! A lot less painful than on your legs, lol! Look carefully & you'll see the whitish bits around the edges of the spotty matt... I inked with my dark-brown cat's eye then stapled the bits back together that had torn off with my enthusiastic use of my under-used distressing tool...was after the ultra-distressed look after all ;-)
I tore the mustard matt, then heavily inked it with dark brown & stapled on some MM crochet lace ribbon. I stuck on one of my fave 7 Gypsies sticker quote strips (top right) & clicked out the journalling on the bottom left with my Dymo machine. The "friends" title was an embroidered fleece iron-on fabric one from an old kit & the date stickers are MM glitter alphas - black. I cut out the red flower from a MM Falala paper & pinned it through with an old hat pin. I finally got to use the roll of printed "Friends" masking-tape I bought last year, just under the flower. I added a glossy printed MM brad in place of the dot on the "i" & a fancy MM paper-clip on the bottom left (you can only see the glossy circle part sticking out).
I haven't done a heavily distressed layout all year (all 6 weeks of it,lol!) & thought I was sick of the look & only into fresh & funky, but I enjoyed mixing it up a bit on this one, for a change ;-)
Some close-up details...
Thanks for looking ;-)
Again I printed the text directly onto the photo in Picasa.