Saturday 31 January 2009

Roll out the Red Carpet!


It's awards time!

Cathy & Desire have both been kind enough to give me an Award! Yippee!! I love awards.
At first I never thought I would get any but am slowly amassing myself a nice little collection...Thank you girls! I can't thank you enough - you are both great commentators on my blog &, as you know, I love reading yours. I have to pass this award on to 5 other people (x2=10) so am ABOUT to post the list. Before I do, I just want to say, that, while I love to receive awards, I am always worried about upsetting or offending anyone who DOESN'T receive it, passed on from me. Hopefully I will receive many more awards in future, lol, so - your turn will come!

Without further ado my selection, in no particular order, is :-

ANDREA - Andrea's was the FIRST blog I ever followed so my journey began with her. I'm sure she's responsible for bringing alot of us "Africans" into the blogosphere!

HEIDI - Heidi & I have become "thick as theives" in a very short time. We just "click"... So, if you enjoy reading my blog, pop in on Heidi & you won't be disappointed.

JACKI - Jacki is our resident Photoshop expert so, need any tips & she'd be your girl. Her posts are also ROFL to read & she likes to give things away now & again - a generous blogger - Yahoo!

JENNY D - Jenny is one of my newer blogging buddies that has already proved to be a loyal fan!

JENNY NZ - Jenny is Jenny's sister in law! She is involved in the scrapping scene in New Zealand.

MICHELLE - Michelle is a blog buddy "close to home" for me & we found each other through Desire (who gave me the award) - I think - I loose track - lol!

MONIQUE - Monique is one of my team-mates at Little Shop of Sketches & is from the Netherlands & an awesome scrapper.

STEFANIE- Stefanie is another of my team-mates at Little Shop of Sketches & keeps a great online "journal" in the form of her blog.

VICKI - Vicky was ALMOST the first person to ever comment on my blog & has kept me going with all her help & support. She is ALSO a Little Shop of Sketches Design Team Member.

JOANNE - Joanne is one of the sweetest people I know. Her posts are as sincere as you'll find & often funny in a poignant way - amazing how her written voice mixes reality & humour.

Phew, all that linking was exhausting,lol! Will have to inform them when I have another energy burst :-)

Pimping my name, as promised, was a lot LESS successful than Eric Comstock with his anagram for Cosmo Cricket!!!

Here is what I came up with:-
LILLY BEEN HURT
BRITNEY LEUHL
HENRY BULLETI
THE BURLY LINE
LEE LINTHBURY
BUNEEY THRILL
THE BURNE LILY

That was a lot harder than I thought & I had to sit on the bed & shuffle scrabble letters around 'til I came up with something vaguely acceptable... Just for you Heidi, lol! LILLY BEEN HURT would be quite a funky name for my next line (debuting at CHA next February...) If only...


5 comments:

Vicki said...

Ohhh shucks - thank you.

Monique Liedtke said...

I'm honoured!!! Thank you soooo much!!! This means a lot to me!
Big HUG, Monique

Jenny said...

Thanks s much, Helen

Stefanie said...

Thanks for the award.
Can you pimp my name too?
Stefanie Semple

Michelle Ramsay said...

Thanks for the award - will be updating my blog shortly.