Wednesday 21 January 2009

My Layouts for Little Shop of Sketches Design Team Call






Here you have 'em at last. Today was the last day for submissions & I got them in a coupla days ago. I was quite happy with how they turned out. I've never followed a sketch before, let alone adapted one, so hope I had the right idea...To be honest I've always though sketches were for the unimaginative & wanted to be responsible for kick-starting my own imagination. Having said that I really enjoyed using a sketch as my starting point so may very well do it again sometime. Just shows you that we should try (most) things once!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck ... if you get in you'll be doing a few more sketches ... hell, you may even get to like it. I personally love them ... a great springboard for inspiration.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Gorgeous l/o's Helen, I too have started to use sketches & am enjoying them although sometimes turn them completely into something else. I hope to see more of your creations.

Vicki said...

As someone who uses sketches all the time they are just a starting point. Mine never look like the original sketch by the time I'm finished. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Love the paper....sigh....gorgeous layouts....good luck, will be holding thumbs.

Must say I enjoy using sketches, especially on those quick scrap days when you don't have hours and hours to push pictures round a page waiting for inspiration to strike.

xxx
A

CathQuillScrap said...

Well done with these layouts... nice submissions. Good luck for the whole process.

RE sketches.... I'll confess that I virtually ONLY scrap from a sketch... I find it soooooooooo much easier than trying to think how to do the layout when someelse has done most of the planning already... I just find the pics and paper and away I go. I think it's how I manage to do so many layouts at a time.

Desire Fourie said...

Great layouts. Love the warm and inviting colour combos. I will hold thumbs for you. You will be a great attribute to the Design Team. Hugs from Desire

Anonymous said...

Those are stunning! U are talented! You will have to teach me some day! My scrapping is very amateur... and sporadic, as i have 3 nippers under 5and a half!!

CathQuillScrap said...

Hey just wanting to congratulate you on making the team... first time out and you did it!!! Now you will have to keep it up!