Friday, 9 January 2009
A bit of New Year Fun!
Courtesy of Joanne
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Started a Blog.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for this year?
Some of them & yes, I have a few new ones for this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my neice is on her way soon.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A few of the previous generation, old family friends, etc - fortunately no-one before "their time."
5. What countries did you visit?
In cyberspace, plenty - in reality, none!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Photoshop skills & a long list of photographic supplies...oh yes, and a laptop (been on the wishlist FOREVER.)
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Not good with actual dates but certainly remember a few significant events fondly.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Coming 2nd in the National Scrapbooking Talent Search.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining even more weight by giving in too frequently to my (ex) "Chuckles" addiction.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major but suffer chronically from an injury that is 3 years old (fell down 10 stairs into a wall & bent both feet back like a ballet dancer on points...eeeuuuooow...need I say more?!)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our kids Christmas presents, especially the Nintendo DS Lite & The Ipod.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My children all did their best academically & Jack outdid himself on the Football pitch yet again.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
South Africans at large.
14. Where did most of your money go?
On our kids' expenses as per usual (a really good cause LMTU).
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Proving my worth in the Scrapbooking World & starting my Blog.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Human - The Killers
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a happier or sadder? b thinner or fatter? c richer or poorer?
a. Happier ;-)
b. Fatter ;-(
c. How long is a piece of string???
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Dieting & Scrapbooking.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Junk food eating.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, with Blogging (yawn for you all ;-O)
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don't hate anyone - not this year or last year thanks!
24. What was the best book you read?
Body For Life by Bill Phillips.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
In Bruges, with Colin Farrell. A low budget art film but amazingly excellent & unexpectedly impressive.
29. What did you do on your birthday?
So insignificant I can't even remember. I usually go out for dinner with my dh ;-)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Don't like the question - too negative ;-( Had a very satisfying year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Bright & bold - a celebration of life & a functioning body, comfort being key.
32. What kept you sane?
Nothing beats a good sense of humour.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Alex Pettyfer from Wild Child. (sorry ;-( - I know he's way too young...)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Interminable Zimbabwean Humanitarian Crisis.