Friday 30 January 2009

2009 - Things to come...


This is the official colour pallette for this year so remember to use some (maybe not all,lol!) in your next layout if you want to be bang on trend. How do I know? Well, I'm a trend researcher...I've always been obsessed by trend, hence my choice of profession. I just find it very interesting how all trends inter-relate (ie:- economic/behavioural/etc) not just fashion...Add this to your Google Reader if you want daily access to a mine of absorbing information regarding colour trends

This colour is called MIMOSA (after the tree, obviously!) by Pantone (the colour experts) & has been voted as the hottest colour trend for 2009. Yellow is an optimistic colour & a happy one. I've changed my blog title colours to yellow (yesterday, before I read this...how freaky is that!?) Talk about a trend follower...I even do it subconsciously,lol!

How's this for an awesome (yet simple...) layout? Of course it's by none other than my favourite scrapper, Ali Edwards, who always makes scrapping look so effortless. My favourite layout for January 2009 for sure. As usual she's right on the money with her colour combo...



Here's a sneak peek at my favourite kit so far (have been checking out all the new releases at CHA - SO exciting...) Cosmo Cricket are just pure genius & I had the pleasure of meeting Eric & Julie Comstock at the 2007 Scrapbooking Convention in Johannesburg (how's that for a bit of shameless name dropping,lol?!) BTW did you know that Cosmo Cricket is an anagram of Eric Comstock. How cool is that?! I wanna do that & see what I come up with for my next line of, umm...oh yes, just remembered I don't HAVE a line...oh well, will be fun to do anyway. Will let you know what I come up with tomorrow. Good nightie all ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok ... looking forward to seeing you 'pimp your mame!' ... LOL

Stefanie said...

I really don't like yellow...but Ali Is great and with you letting me know what's hot maybe I'll only be a few years out of step.

TFS.

Desire Fourie said...

You are so right, yellow and greens are such a lovely colour combo ... happy and uplifting. Hugs from Desire

Andrea said...

my daugher will be thrilled that yellow is the new "hot" colour...she has never been a pink girl and now she is bang on trend...it will def make her smile.

xxx
A