Friday 5 December 2008

This week in photos!


Not one to let you down on the photo front (now that it is as easy as "Blog This!" in Picasa,lol!) herewith my latest snaps...Thanks to my dear friend Jacqui, I have been introduced to Figato, the best (& only!) deli in town...situated next to the Royal Palm Hotel opposite Gateway...this little hide-out is a true treasure. Tucked away, I fear it may not last long, with parking also being a nightmare, so I am making hay while the sun shines & popping in for a cappu whenever possible. I took the kids there for lunch the other day & they had a swell time as you can see. I just love the shot I got of Camryn playing around with my Nikon, & how I managed to get the Figato cup insignia reflected in the camera lens. I could tell you how difficult it was but the truth is it was a fluke, so there you go, after all my moaning about how both of my cameras are rubbish, I managed to catch a brilliant shot!


Here we were at La Lucia, a little mall close by that I just happen to loathe...full of far too pretentious people & most of the shops only catering for the rich & famous...I got the kids an ice-cream while we were waiting for Jack, who finished a bit later than everyone else for some (forgotten) reason that day...Chelsea with her best friend, Jaydene...& the rather impressive 3 storey Christmas tree in the centre of the mall. Oh, my bad, I see the bottom left photo has snuck in by mistake...it's actually of Cami & Reilly running wild outside Gateway. Bottom right is Chelsea, Jaydene & Zuzi, a lovely Zulu girl in their class, that I quite often give a lift home, as both her parents work.


These photos were taken today, my, how efficient is that?! All 3 kids in their school uniforms for the very last time. Jack's changes as he is off to High School, Camryn's changes as she is starting Senior Primary, & Reilly's changes because his school has decided to change their school uniform for their 50th Anniversary! Nothing like adding unneccessarily to our Christmas expense list!!! And here are the tree photos. Don't actually have one of the finished tree I see...will have to take some tomorrow, sorry, lol! Isn't my little girl just beautiful shining in the sunlight with our tropical East Coast garden behind her?

And here we are at Gateway...again! Enjoying our dinner. What a wonderful day it has been...



We were sitting outside at M & A, one of our favourite restaurants (casual coffee shop/pizzeria) & it had been raining - we get summer rain here - so it was lovely & fresh & you can see some cool reflections on the stone flooring in the background. We only had our two young ones with us as Chelsea was out for dinner with a friend (a boy who she assures me is NOT her boyfriend!) & Jack was at a Youth Christmas dinner dance. To think that 3 years ago we arrived here with R300 in our wallet, not knowing a soul...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Well I don't know how much R300 is but would say that you are doing a lot better now as well. Some great photos there to scrap. How's that going by the way??? LOL

Desire Fourie said...

It was great catching up on all your news and so nice because I could relate to a lot of places you visited, which also was our hang-outs whilst living in Kloof. Hugs from Desire