Tuesday 2 December 2008

Journal Your Christmas Day 1 - My Festive Manifesto

I have my own Festive Manifesto! How cool is that? So much for going to bed...this is WAY more fun...I have been "in class" now for an hour & this is what I have come up with...

My Festive Manifesto

From this day forth I do declare that "me & mine"
shall experience a "jolly good time" throughout December
& a bountiful "Season of Giving" in more ways than just the material...

At the end of a LONG year (it always is...) we deserve the
pleasures that come with the holidays.
I promise to endeavour to provide my family with the best
possible ME as a year-end gift & reward to them for their faithfulness...

To bless them, keep them & treat them as much & as wholly
as I possibly can & to take time-out, for myself as well, to
discover, for the first time ever, the joy that is meant to be...
the joy that God has in store for me, at this very special time.

I love it...I can see that I'm gonna enjoy this course!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love this line in your manifesto

'promise to endeavour to provide my family with the best
possible ME as a year-end gift & reward to them for their faithfulness..."

I think I may alter my promise to include the "best me I can be" for my family since they don't always get the best me day to day. It's easy to get sucked into the chaos of the day to day and be kind of a grouchy bear instead of the forgiving generous mom I want to be.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Michelle

CathQuillScrap said...

LOVE this... you do sooooooo well for brainstorming in the middle of the night. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

thats a really nice promise ... hope the course is going well for you ...

brigitte said...

such an interesting and beautiful blog. hi my name is brigitte and i am new to blogging, got your blog through simply-mel.

i love scrapping as well, but am battling to find the time, where do you find the time to scrap?